78 Bronco-

Full Size Truckin General General Discussions
views 10252
replies 131
following 47

bigjon   +1y
its later?
fknlowjeep   +1y
I get my new welder next week so I plan on making some much needed progress.

I finally got the motor pulled out of the donor truck last night and set into the bronco. I will need to section the front crossmember to get her to sit right.

Look for new pics soon!!
StockfloorYota   +1y
Nice build bro. Like the pump mounts.
djleighk15   +1y
nice, i like this build lets see that progress lol
low_blazer   +1y
Glad to see you're still plugging away at this thing. It will be cool to see something new at the shows around here..lol.
fknlowjeep   +1y
as promised.... long overdue but better late than never right?

to clean up the ends of the frame rails...

not everyone's favorite but i like 'em big- and it helps that they were free :-) and no they aren't staying this color- the other three are chrome right now.

these are new however

here is the motor out of the truck

here is the motor out of the truck, the next day- due to the falling wet stuff :-(

here i'm starting grinding off the upper balljoint rivots so i can make a template for the new upper ball joint plate

here's the laser at my work cutting the new ball joint plates. I'm not sure if i have them right yet so thankfully i have access to the laser :-)

now all i need for the new floor is the sheetmetal and the tubing.

I'm trying to do something to her every day, so keep checking back if you are interested...
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
tripleplay   +1y
just picked up a 79 bronco...i thought it would b the first two wheel drive but how wrong was i....lol....i was trying to keep it secret until i got a good start on it,but who cares good luck with the build!!!
fknlowjeep   +1y
it's been challenging but fun! if you work at a faster pace than i do you could still get yours done first, lol. You going to do a build thread?

fknlowjeep   +1y

got the front clip cut off last night, hopefully will get this squared away in the next couple weeks and welded back up.....

It's going to look a lot different when it goes back in - hopefully a lot better :-)
post photo
tripleplay   +1y
not sure if i wll do a build thread but i will try and stay in touch with you on how its going.i'm trying to decide now if i want to do the project cause i dont want to step on your toes.i had thought about converting an older f100 into a bronco.