threads
Page 3 of 5
American Cars \  '53 Chevy 210 Project (page 2)

'53 Chevy 210 Project (page 2)

American Cars General Discussions
views 4861
replies 42
following 26

ybnrmaldually   +1y
that car looks bad ass
slammed89s10   +1y
totally awesome build...i love watchin all your threads!! id kill to have your luv
airrideluvtruck   +1y
Edited: 1/25/2010 11:13:47 PM by AirRideLuvtruck

Edited: 1/25/2010 11:11:24 PM by AirRideLuvtruckThanks I finally started working on this again, I've had all the parts needed for the rear since about july. Mostly been workin on customer stuff  since then to help fund my projects and hopefully here in the next few weeks, possibly a shop! Anyways here's what Ive done so far with the rear.  Also this time around I decided to make all the link bars and tabs myself from all the random sheet steel and tubing I got sitting in the garage. Im doin a V8 swap so Ill be putting in a '76 camaro rear. pic of the tabs....
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
sectioned88   +1y

Looks cool! I'm really digging that color. Is that primer?
airrideluvtruck   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by sectioned88 Looks cool! I'm really digging that color. Is that primer? --------------------------------------------- Yea its some off brand epoxy primer I picked up at the local auto paint shop. Its holding out the color really well too, after I sprayed it I left it outside all winter. We'll see what happens to it when summer hits... I finally got around to installing the axle and 4 link, I'll be pickin up new tires tomorrow and start installing the rear bags. I couldnt get any good pics of the 4 link from inside the car so Ill have to wait until I roll it outside to do that. I was worried about the upper bars being to short and causing a lot of roll steer, but it worked out just fine! It moves about 1" off at 7" of tilt at half travel which it will never see anyways.  

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
tuckinlugs06   +1y

damn that thing lays ...good job

airrideluvtruck   +1y
Finished up most of the suspension except for the shocks, Im still waitin for those to show up. Ill be starting on the engine next week and all the rest of the air ride components should be here next week as well.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
BP98Dak   +1y
Nice, the color really fit's the car.
unusualfabrication   +1y
Nice, I have a 53 2dr 210 behind my shop if I ever get around to working on it.
1low225   +1y

looks good im getting ready to bag the front of my friends 54 wagon. What size pipe did you uses for the cups? and how tall did you make them? also did you get it to lay by stepping the lca like that or do you still need the dropped uprights and all that?