threads
Page 2 of 5
American Cars \  '53 Chevy 210 Project (page 2)

'53 Chevy 210 Project (page 2)

American Cars General Discussions
views 4876
replies 42
following 26

achievment_farmer   +1y

also, if you want disc brakes,  that car should have the same ball joint taper as an s10 so you can put a set of s10 drop spindles on it and lose some weight with disc brakes,  just make sure u get a brake booster and master cylinder from a disc brake car too.
airrideluvtruck   +1y
Edited: 5/21/2009 1:33:50 AM by AirRideLuvtruck

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by achievment_farmeralso, if you want disc brakes,  that car should have the same ball joint taper as an s10 so you can put a set of s10 drop spindles on it and lose some weight with disc brakes,  just make sure u get a brake booster and master cylinder from a disc brake car too. ---------------------------------------------There are no balljoints on the control arms, I dont see how that would work? also the master cylinder is under the floor pan so I couldnt install a booster. Now that I think about that more, aside from redoing the pedals I havnt seen any type of brake upgrades for these. I feel no need for better brakes though,  did a full brake job on it awhile back and it stops pretty well especially with the slow 235 under the hood lol.
achievment_farmer   +1y

sorry, lol,  i was thinking about the next generation.  i was thinking about the part where someone was talking about the 55-56 setup.  sorry bout that.  the 55 and up have the same balljoint tapers as s10. 
airrideluvtruck   +1y

Its all good man.
chevrolayd   +1y
here are some pics i cut away the spring pocket and widened the lower arms i didnt use drop uprights and the car lays lower control arm. Here is a link to my car and all the pics i have  http://www.killbillet.com/album.php?albumid=177 if you need any close ups or anything else let me know good luck
airrideluvtruck   +1y
Finally started bagging the front today, I re-did the lower arms so far. After taking a closer look I realized an re-7 wouldnt fit in there without major mods. Also Ive been curious about the Air lift Dominators so I decided to try out their 2500#'s. Im gonna start on the upper bag cups in the morning.    

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
airrideluvtruck   +1y
Here's pics of the front end... All that I have left to do is install shocks and plumb the front.

Stepped the lower arms for better handling and a 2" drop.and pics of the front layed out..90 psi in this picture, full lift is around 110What do you guys think so far?
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
stockfloored85   +1y

cool pics dan maxwell....... got more
airrideluvtruck   +1y
Actually yes I do just got done painting it last night, the car has so rust much in the doors there not even worth fixing. But I got a good set of doors I plan on installing later this year so for now I just sprayed over the rusty doors lol. When I get the doors on I will start bodywork, there is no filler on it right now. Mainly just sealin it up for the winter cause Im rollin the chevy luv back in the garage all winter for a BIG re-do.      

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
smctoy   +1y

looks great...love that color!!