threads
Page 1 of 5
American Cars \  '53 Chevy 210 Project (page 2)

'53 Chevy 210 Project (page 2)

American Cars General Discussions
views 4834
replies 42
following 26

airrideluvtruck   +1y
Edited: 10/2/2009 1:38:45 PM by AirRideLuvtruck

Edited: 8/8/2009 9:40:05 PM by AirRideLuvtruckEdited: 5/20/2009 12:27:02 AM by AirRideLuvtruck
Anybody on here bag a 49-54 chevy car before? Im trying to find out how big of a bag I can stuff up front using the stock suspension components. I was told to use a re-5 but I refuse to even use that size on a minitruck. Id like to put an re-7 in there, since I got the heavy straight 6. Im almost done with the back, just wanted to get a little more info before I order the bags for the front.

sicsan   +1y

never bagged one of them cars and dont even know the weight. but i had re-6s on front of my 61 cadillac and the damn thing wouldnt lift. i suggest at aleats a re7. i know that cadillac would proably be alot heavier? but hell i wouldnt take a chance
dante81_98   +1y
I would go with a RE7 for sure. It is a full size car built when sheet metal was twice as thick as it is today. I wouldn't think twice about fitting a RE7 in it.
Waldog25   +1y

http://www.focuztech.com/xcart/helix-aer-air-suspension-kit-bag-bag-chevrolet-impala-bel-air-biscayne-1955-1957.html This is for 55-57... Don't know if the suspensions are the same... Someone told me they make a bolt in kit for 55-57... that's what I was thinking about using on my 57... but so far I have not seen it. Heard it was super expensive too.
phatmx6   +1y
deff run r7s   i have done 2 of the cars,,,dont really have to cut that much to fit perfect,,,,its a real bitch to find a place to mount shocks thou,,thats why alot of guys run the shockwaves,,but i dont care much for them www.myspace.com/illicitcustoms  pics there
Waldog25   +1y
Edited: 5/20/2009 12:51:22 PM by Waldog25

http://www.classicchevy.com/ has the shockwaves and the bolt in four links with sleeve bags... but damn they are expensive... would be way cheaper to do it just like an s-10... the suspension on my car is identical to one in all reality.
DILLARD   +1y
Edited: 5/20/2009 12:55:55 PM by DILLARD

Ordered R6's for mine but Im not leaving the straight 6 in there either....post some pics would love to see it!  
airrideluvtruck   +1y

Thanks guys I'm gonna go with the re-7's, I  picked up a plasma cutter so it shouldnt be too bad to make them fit lol. Im still kickin the idea around of making new lower arms for it, we'll see when I tear into the front... Ill probably have a build thread for it in a week or two nothin really worth showin right now and I cant find my camera again.
chevrolayd   +1y

just bagged my 54 chevy i had to use re6 on the front and widen the lower arms so the bag has room, i have a sbc in mine lifts no problem
airrideluvtruck   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by chevrolaydjust bagged my 54 chevy i had to use re6 on the front and widen the lower arms so the bag has room, i have a sbc in mine lifts no problem---------------------------------------------Happen to have any pics?I was lookin at it a few min ago and it seems like an re-6 is the biggest bag that will fit without major cutting. Id love to have an re-7 in there, but I guess its better than putting in an re-5 lol.