Page 1 of 15
Ford Trucks \  Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Custom Explorer Chassis Build

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 6044
replies 146
following 57

slammedxonair   +1y
Well I have been working on this project for some time now for a customer things have been changed around and whatnot but I'm finally able to get going on the build. Here are the beginning of the build pics.

Motor specs: 351W stroked out to a 432 with around 500+WHP.

Here are some pics of starting to put the Heidts rearend together, threadlocking the studs into the housing.

Here are some more pics.

jdauer02   +1y

looks like a real nice build
jeebus @ mmw   +1y

yea, deffinentally looks like a great start!  dont take this wrong or anything, but why are you going through the hassle of building a whole new SFBD frame and all, and still put a body kit on it? that thing would look crazy layed out flat on the rockers.   Taylor
slammedxonair   +1y

Thanks for the comments. I'm on the same playing field as you Taylor it would look sick body dropped. The reason the owner decided to go this route was because the body kit was allready moulded in and was level with the bottom of the stock tranny crossmember. The new frame is being built to be level with the bottom of the kit and keeping the body mounts in the same place, it could have been done with the stock chassis but this is the way the owner wanted to go.
chris03hd   +1y
awesome
slammedxonair   +1y
Edited: 4/29/2009 5:27:33 PM by slammed x on air

I got a bit more if the IRS together today. I need to get a couple specialty sockets and whatnot so I can torque some of the bolts on the brakes and bubs before I can go any farther.

post photo
post photo
slammedxonair   +1y

Heres a small update finally after being layed up for a couple weeks with stitches in my leg. Got the rearend all together along with the new smaller tires mounted on the rims. I also have the height set, fully layed out so the u joints don't bind up and where the bags will be installed fully collapsed.

post photo
post photo
JayMac   +1y

Awesome work Brian! Can't wait to see more!!

f150dailydragger   +1y

sic shit dude u do nice work
slammedxonair   +1y

Well after some design, layout, cutting box tube, beveling all the tube edges for welding, tacking rails together, keeping up with parts orders and some other things. I finally have the main rails together I thought I would have the whole frame tacked together today but I ran into a couple issues with the Heidts rearend. Mainly I need to shorten the crossmember some so the rails fit where I want them to go and the axles clear the frame rails without having to be notched, and then I can build the rest of the rails behind the rearend. But anyways on with the pics.

post photo
post photo