Page 5 of 33
Build-Ups \  2 door tahoe build, Tre5 Customs

2 door tahoe build, Tre5 Customs

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 23062
replies 329
following 113

2LOW4U   +1y
Damn you definitely don't play around... this is coming together pretty fast.
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
Imagine what it will look like this time next week. 
tre5   +1y
Day 5. Didn't get much done today. I was getting ready for the relaxed show this weekend. I did manage to get the lower gussets in and welded. I moved the jack stands onto the new frame rails. I removed the temp support that was holding the front clip up. Got the new control arms in the mail. I also made a template for the overlay piece that will beef up the step a little more.  

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
neurotic   +1y

DAMN THATS IS SOME BADASS WORK!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!
smithchassis   +1y

it seems as if we come from the same side of the tracks when it comes to building vehicles... good work there.
Mater   +1y

If I missed this I apologize.  Why the "Z" on this truck? I was unware that the 88-98 had to be "Z'd". My 91 isn't. Just curious. Followed your other builds. Clean hydro installs. Good Luck with this one.
sebass   +1y
HELL YEAH LOOKIN SIKK BRO
juicedwagon   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by MaterIf I missed this I apologize.  Why the "Z" on this truck? I was unware that the 88-98 had to be "Z'd". My 91 isn't. Just curious. Followed your other builds. Clean hydro installs. Good Luck with this one. ---------------------------------------------im pretty sure he z'ed it cause he put the new metal in the stock frame and cut the frame off from the bottum.   killer work man.
smithchassis   +1y

the eason for the z is just a different way of doing a stock floor, by putting 2x4 at the top oof the frame it allows you to then cut the bottom of the frame off, then z the front of the truck the amount that you cut off the bottom of the frame which is great if your building a truck on a time frame or working with a bigger vehicle that would be a big pain in the ass to take the body off if you are limited on space which it looks like tre5 is.
maz duh   +1y

An 88-98 chev pickup needs about a 3/4 inch Z to put the frame rail even with the front X member. Its not much of a Z and I don't think most people bother doing, I'm not sure if a Tahoe chassis is any different. Back to topic the build is looking good man, can't wait to see whats next.