threads
Page 2 of 7
Body work and Paint \  The Ulitmate Thread - Custom bed pictures.

The Ulitmate Thread - Custom bed pictures.

Body work and Paint Q & A
views 6594
replies 64
following 59

thebagged1   +1y

anyone got more pics of the actual bed frame work?   specically how you guys mount bed  to frame   need some ideas

xmdragonass   +1y
  heres some shots of my bedfloor, wheeltubs cut to match the radius of the tire                          

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
tre5   +1y
I will play... my mazda I just did. I sectioned the wheel wells out of the height, then moved them towards the center so they became wider and filled in the sides. It is body droppped a total of 6" also. Then I cut a hole for access to the hydraulics. I will next be adding some hinges with either a linear actuator, or a shock and a latch.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
ixenn   +1y
I have a question, what caulking do i use that i can do body work over? or no caulking? Thanks.
BabyYouWish   +1y
There are some AMAZING bed treatments in this thread! Some make me wish that I would have showed off some of my suspension work, but I also really like being able to lay in the bed of my truck at a drive-in movie theatre. Thats the whole reason I wanted to keep the stock bed floor... Couldn't keep the stock tubs due to the 9.5" wide wheels, but I wanted something that appeared "stock-ish" So I didn't want to go with the round tubs. I'm 99% happy with the way it came out. I'm just waiting to get my pop-up motorcycle gas-cap flush mounted into a bed rib.                  
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
This is my first attempt at a sheetmetal bed and my first shot at the bead roller. Its not pefect but its getting line-x so we figured it'd be a good test dummyr. That and its my buddies truck, not a real customer. haha. He's helping me along the way since the rolling is a 2 man operation.  I lasered out some panels for flush mount access doors since his lights have to be installed from the back.  I didnt install the culvert tub, that was done already.              
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Texmextukin   +1y

that looks really kick ass Joel!!!