Old School Minis \  History of Clubs

History of Clubs

Old School Minis General Discussions
views 2543
replies 14
following 14

Slappy Mc Nasty   +1y
Originally posted by RARA

Relaed Atmosphere was started in Southern Caifornia back in 1991 By three friends that were tired of being in other clubs. We started branching and creating other chapters a year after the club was started and the rest is history.thats beautiful man. just the way its supposed to go down in the record books. just friends making history

FXDGRND   +1y
was started in ~1988 by two brother in Simi Valley. They took the name from a local stereo shop. That was with the original rainbow and a S in noise. They were gone by the time I was around in 93. After a violent overthrow it changed to a Z with the rainbow in 95. 95 We had the man the myth the legend Craig Frasier redesign the logo. For others we had a tamed down version which is on the majority of the vehicles today. AoN AZ was started in 1998 and was the first location outside of cali. We had a face to face rule so they drove out to get in. Same goes for Havasu and Vegas. Gumby's adventures across the US get us everywhere else. Always ups and downs. Most members at any time was 58 and man was that interesting.

acromexicant   +1y
Edited: 7/3/2008 6:56:13 PM by mexicant

heres our bio Date founded: AcrophobiA was founded in 1998 by Dave Shulman in FloridaReason for starting: Dave and Eddie wanted to start a new club that showcased hot new rides with a family attitudeNumber of chapters: Currently, there are chapters in 25 states, including Hawaii. Also there's a chapter in Canada, and rumors of a chapter in Germany, as well as, current prospects in Australia,also a chapter in Japan Total number of members: About 200 to 250, including petitioning membersWeb site: www.acrophobia.netMain contact: Thomas (Acro Rep) AcrophobiA@tampabay.rr.com, state reps can be found on the chapters page of the Web siteNational meetings: Held at Southeast Showdown in Anderson, South Carolina. Major accomplishments: Dave's F-150 cover truck, Bobby's orange S-10 Mini Truckin' June '04 cover, and Jimmy's Nissan on the April '03 cover. As of late, it seems almost every issue is showing the promise of AA with either feature trucks or show shots. Major contributions: "We try not to act like jackasses in public too much. We contribute to way too many states by paying draggin' tickets and fines! There's your contribution, LOL!" Bad times: "Two of the worst moments were the loss of our brothers. Losing members Danny Rowe (featured S-10 in MT June '02) in August of 2002, and this past June we lost Paul Bullis (featured Ranger in MT June '04). It's hard to deal with it sometimes, but we are a tight-knit group and we're a great support system and an even better family. We gave away a custom, Danny and Paul trophies at SES to best club and AA choice. We will continue to do this as the years go on in memory of our fallen brothers." Club's most important characteristic: "Family! We hope to be a household name while not getting too big to lose our family way of being."
FreaksLo720   +1y
i was born. grew up got a mini started building it moved to las vegas. then in 96 sick of the prez of the club i was in, i started with a few friends in the start. i don't know what happen now we are world wide. lost track of how many members or chapters. look around you'll see us. who know where we will go from here. hope to see you on the trip and lets have a beer.....oh the name came from a old club i was in...they always called me a FREAK and for those of you that know me.....you know its true

ShannonFREAKMASTER
SSM-BobHase   +1y
Sunset Whittier was founded in 1976 by Bob Hase And Ken Farris at Resolutions 1976.Bob and Ken had been in Westside Truckers and decided to start a new club that was less drama and more about the people. Bob has stayed as a member attending meetings for the last 31 years. Sunset in the early years decided to start chapters there was Whittier, Riverside and Arizona. The Riverside and Arizona chapters were around for a few years and they folded. Whittier was the only chapter in the 80s the club grew to be 170 trucks strong. In the late 90s we started chapters again the first being San Diego then we added Chino and the High Desert. In 2008 we added Boston and Texas we also have one member in good standing in Tennessee who this year got his 30-year member award. The Sunset chapters have brought 176 events to the Mini Truck committee over the years. The largest events being Resolutions and the West Coast Nationals. Sunset has always been about family and no drama.