Page 1 of 3
Old School Minis \  Chris Anders mazda

Chris Anders mazda

Old School Minis General Discussions
views 1540
replies 20
following 18

maz duh   +1y
Does anyone remember this truck? It was a blue mazda regular cab with white scallops on it. It had a unibody with a steel hardtop convertible conversion and a removable rear wall in the cab so you could have a walk thru if you wanted it. I believe it was on air shocks if I remember right. It was featured in MT in about 92 or so. I think Stretches Playhouse did alot of the mods on it. Whatever happened to them btw? Hopefully someone remembers other than me, Lucky? Tito? someone? Thanx in advance
boooghar   +1y
Edited: 3/25/2008 6:27:11 PM by BOOOGHAR

funny you should ask ...

first lemmie clear the air, chriss mazda was silver before the transformation, the blue mazda with white scallops was owned by past MT editor Tom Lutz

I met up with chris who lives in the Denver area a couple weeks ago and had a 4 hour b.s. session talking bout old friends and old trucks and even going thru a couple of photo albums.

this is how the story of his old mazda went as told by him to me. It was silver vert reg cab short bed on air shocks all the way around. Stretches Playhouse in Lakeside CA did all the work from the unibody,walk thru and paint work. I got to see the build up pics of that truck and there was ALOT of work done under that bed that peeps never saw. Too bad that mass public never got to see it. Chris sold it to a local stereo shop who put a big ass sound system in it and it sat on the floor of the shop as a demo vehicle. It was then sold to a local kid and I even saw it at RESO 97 cruising the grounds but wasnt in the show. He went on to tell me that he heard it ended up on a used car lot after that in a suburb of san diego and hasnt been seen since

just to throw in a lil side note. It was on the cover of the July 94 MT and its feature was a issue or 2 after that
spicy   +1y
i remeber it as being pink in the old anniv issue it has the grille molded to the hood ?????
boooghar   +1y
yea, the grill and hood were molded together
societyoutkast   +1y
pics anybody ??
boooghar   +1y
before

AFTER

post photo
post photo
gimp5561   +1y
is that truck right hand drive or what
boooghar   +1y
LOL, i just noticed that, the pic is backwards
bagdb2200   +1y
Originally posted by lowranger5561

is that truck right hand drive or what

No, the pic is inverted. If you look at the stand in the background the lettering is going backwards.
gimp5561   +1y
no wonder i cant read that sign