Tools \  Grinders

Grinders

Tools Q & A
views 3176
replies 44
following 39

Lance696   +1y
Originally posted by waynehammer

ME PERSONALY, I LIKE THE ORANGE HARBOR FRIEGHT ONES. FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT THEY ARE 16 BUCKS AND HAVE A 5 DOLLAR INSURANCE ON THEM, IF U BURN IT OUT THEY HAND YOU A NEW ONE. MINE HAS BEEN WORKING GREAT FOR OVER A YEAR WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. I USE IT A WHOLE BUNCH TOO. DEWALT BREAKS FASTER.

I have one of tha Orange one's its freaking Great. I had makita and that fucker burnt up within a year. had my Habor is tha ONLY way to go... i went and got one of there Saw-zaw's and works Great. it dont have tha quick release for tha blade but hell it works REALLY GOOD!!
doordraggintaco   +1y
ive got a makita ive had for over 4 years now.i use it at home to cut and grind and i also use it mostly at work.ive probably cut 2000 feet of brick with it to do metal flashing on roofs.ive burnt up numerous dewalts and black and deckers.this one was the cheaper one for 59 bucks at lowes.dont know how much they are now,thats been awhile ago.has to be the best grinder ive ever had and ive been using them for my work goin on 12 years now.
TwistedMinis   +1y
I have 3 grinders. I have one of the orange HF ones, and I really do hate it. It sounds like its going to blow up, and I am on my second one. The first one literally burst into flames while I was using it. I dropped it and unplugged it to stop it from jumping all around. The second one hasn't taken a shit, but it really spins too fast, its loud, and it gets hot. I leave this one just for cutoff wheels, since I don't use them all that much.

Next, I have a Makita. Its a badass grinder, and has never let me down. I like the trigger on it too. I keep a big wire wheel on this one.

Last, my favorite is my Milwaukee. Its a hand me down from my uncle, who gets them from PG&E. When they give him a new one, he gives me the old one. The one I have now is about 6 years old, I've had it for 3 of those years and abuse it a lot. Over time the liner on the cord tore apart at the housing from being folded and tied around the grinder for storage. It worked fine like that until a week ago. It finally shorted out and fried a few wires. I called Milwaukee to see if there was anything to do. They sent me a new cord no questions asked, and its as good as new again with about 10 minutes work on my part.
domepiece   +1y
I have a Hitachi from lowe's and it is pretty good. Just buy the extra insurance for them. I've burnt up three of them but you just take it in and get a new one. They ring up the new one and will ask if you want the warranty and just say yes. Everytime they do this the warranty starts over. I don't know that i'll ever have to "buy" another grinder because the warranty is three years. oh and it was only like $60
IMPRT2NR   +1y
makita is my fav. never had a problem with them. i still have one i use thats about 8 years old, and many miles on it.
LowBlazin   +1y
Thanks guys, i think im gonna go with the bosch. What brand of flap disks is everyone using.
Severed701   +1y
i fuckin love my 4 inch makita..i beat the fuck outta that thing...50 bucks cant beat that
doordraggintaco   +1y
northerntool.com has the flap discs 3 for 4.99.i got 4 packs of them when i went down to their store last week.havnt used any of them yet but they look good.
Texmextukin   +1y
I have two Harbor Freight ones, the orange and blue one. And for some strange reason i love those damn things. I mean they've never messed up on me and i use the hell out of them. Only time ive messed one up is when i laid my truck out on the plug, then i just put a new one on and bam, it's still tickin.
creative concepts   +1y
discs.. there is a place here that sells the names you never heard of, but they are all badass.. i use pearl and norton the most.