Tools \  Grinders

Grinders

Tools Q & A
views 3175
replies 44
following 39

dssur   +1y
Originally posted by waynehammer

I GOT ONE OF THE BLUE ONES TOO. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSE AND THE ORANGE IS THAT THE BLUE ONLY HAS BUSHINGS IN IT AND THE ORANGE HAS BEARINGS. MAYBE I GOT LUCKY WITH MY ORANGE ONE.

AND SORRY BOUT THE LINGERING SMELL.. MY BAD

ROFL I just realized you arent the wayne I was thinking of, I was thinking you were my buddy wayne from Manhattan KS, I give him grief about being a homo all the time.

Sorry man, you were a really good sport about it though! I could almost see you staring at the computer screen saying "what did he just say about me?" LMAO
twistedsdime   +1y
The Dewalt and hitachi are only like $50 around here. Saw some cheaper ones at sears and tractor supply for around $35.
gorillagarage   +1y
when it comes to grinders chop saws tools of that nature i buy the harbor freight ones then toss them and get new ones i think with the cheap tool its hit or miss i bought a grinder at a swap meet that lasted maybe 5 minutes but then i bought a cut off for like 20 bucks ( air tool) and thats lasted 5 years and still going strong
bdroppeddak   +1y
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/1PKV9

this is my favorite grinder, ive put alot of hours on it...
snicker2938   +1y
harbor frieght all the way baby,lol. Ive had one of their 4" grinders for about 2yrs and abuse the hell out it, with no problems.
dan48p   +1y
Edited: 12/1/2007 6:30:25 PM by Dan48p

they bought me a metabo at work when i was rebuilding buss frames... lasted 3 months. granted i'm hard on shit but those things are expensive. i like the milwaukees the best because of the huge paddle switch and the quality. the 8 amp model is like 80 bucks.

i keep a generic one at home, the local farm store has them on sale for 17 bucks every now and then with a 2 year warranty... i'm on my third one but still only $17 in, i've probably spent more on the gas to get it warrantied than the grinder cost but hey, what can you do plus you get a free grinding wheel every time you burn it up
lx4life   +1y
had one Harbor Freight orange 4" for 3 years and it works great and for under $20.00 bucks you can't beat it.
FreelandKustomz   +1y
ive been using my millwaukee now for a year, no problems, i killed the first one from cutting alot of 1/4" plate and other thick metals tubing ect with it. it kicked alot on me when using the cutting wheels, since i dont use it for cutting anymore it is not giving me greif anymore. I love it for the fact that it has tons of power, it heavier than most grinders making it easier to control. If your going to use your grinder for actual grinding, makita and millwaukee are the best way to go.
slamdamazda   +1y
i got the eblue harbor freight on and it works fine....i burnt out thee switch on the orange ones
bigwheelrossie   +1y
i'd have to say bosch or a cheap one i work at a big truck shop and we have a bosch grinder for every body to use and it gets used and abused every day and we have had it for 4 years now. But at home i have a northern tools one that i bought for $8 and it has lasted over a year.