Page 1 of 5
Tools \  Grinders

Grinders

Tools Q & A
views 3169
replies 44
following 39

LowBlazin   +1y
Anyone got any recommendations on grinders. Ive heard some people say a cheap one is fine and some say get a good one. Im looking at a metabo right now but cant decide if i need the one with ergonomic grip or not. Whats everyone else using?
simple-pleasurez   +1y
funny this is what i told my mom i wanted for xmas. i cant wait to hear whats good. i was looking at a craftsman for 99 bucks...
waynehammer   +1y
ME PERSONALY, I LIKE THE ORANGE HARBOR FRIEGHT ONES. FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT THEY ARE 16 BUCKS AND HAVE A 5 DOLLAR INSURANCE ON THEM, IF U BURN IT OUT THEY HAND YOU A NEW ONE. MINE HAS BEEN WORKING GREAT FOR OVER A YEAR WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. I USE IT A WHOLE BUNCH TOO. DEWALT BREAKS FASTER.
LowBlazin   +1y
lol, yeah my girlfriend is buying it for xmas
framescr8pintoy   +1y
my ex employer got the bright idea of "saving money" and bought those orange harbor freight pos... we were returning all of them almost every 2 days.. like i kept telling em.. buy the nice one.. ive got an adjustable 5 speed makita costs like 2something and it has been through everything.
dssur   +1y
my metabo is the best. soft start, tool less disk changing, and it just kind of loafs till you start grinding, then it pours on the power and it is the best grinder I ever used in my life.

I have one of the blue harbor frieght grinders too, I think it cost 8 dollars. I use it with a small slicer blade and thats it, any real grinding and it smells like that smell that lingers on my car seats after waynehammer comes to visit.
waynehammer   +1y
Originally posted by Russ-D

my metabo is the best. soft start, tool less disk changing, and it just kind of loafs till you start grinding, then it pours on the power and it is the best grinder I ever used in my life.

I have one of the blue harbor frieght grinders too, I think it cost 8 dollars. I use it with a small slicer blade and thats it, any real grinding and it smells like that smell that lingers on my car seats after waynehammer comes to visit.

I GOT ONE OF THE BLUE ONES TOO. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSE AND THE ORANGE IS THAT THE BLUE ONLY HAS BUSHINGS IN IT AND THE ORANGE HAS BEARINGS. MAYBE I GOT LUCKY WITH MY ORANGE ONE.

AND SORRY BOUT THE LINGERING SMELL.. MY BAD

bdroppeddak   +1y
i do alot of grinding and have burned up alot of grinders at work, and i'd say bosch or hitachi are the best 4-5" grinders out there around the 100 dollar range.... id say for home use the average person could get a couple years out of a nice bosch or hitachi.... if you have the air and about 250 bucks you can get a decent IR air powered grinder, and if you keep it oiled it will last for a long time.... we have burned up a bunch of dewalts, they are junk for industrial use.... sometimes they come up with a buy one get one deal for like 60 bucks and we get them, but they burn up quick...
bdroppeddak   +1y
the metabos with the clutch are kind of nice, especially if anyone has ever been like me and had a big cup brush or 6" cutoff wheel grab and kick back onto you....
TuKnRaiL   +1y
as far as 4 1/2" grinders go I just went to Home Depot today and got 2 Dewalt grinders for $99.00. They are 9 amps and I could be that price. I burnt mine up last night!!!!! LOL