Dodge Trucks Make Specific
views 16654
replies 107
following 48

dirkbelt   +1y
oh ok,what is that shop u worked at over there
redsuncivic   +1y
Originally posted by dirkbelt

oh ok,even the bed on the new model looks like the new chevy stepside,what do the use the same mold on that one 2??

dont know but i got a 94 chevy step side and that bed is just like it with the add of the body line so????????? looks to me like they used a chevy one for a mold...and why do they use a chevy tailgate if its not off a chevy bed??
bodydropped   +1y
theres a dodge runnin around beaumont that has a chevy stepside bed but that red one i have the feature when it was first featured like 3 or 4 years ago and talked about how rare it was and that the lady that owned it was the orginal owner but it was forsale about a year or so ago on mautofied
dirkbelt   +1y
yea my bed on my truck is a stepside,and i have seen that red one in person and it is identical 2 a chevy,or almost
Jance Customs   +1y
Edited: 9/17/2006 10:45:30 PM by jancecustoms

Since it's a stepside bed the factory Dodge tailgate would be to wide to fit so a Chevy one is used.

Looking at this picture it does look a lot like a Chevy, but the bodylines and the fender flares is what makes it a dodge, the dodge taillights fit it to well for it to be a Chevy bed. (yes you can modify anything) The chevy bed has a top bodyline and the Dodge does not. A chevy bed was probably used for a mold...
post photo
redsuncivic   +1y
Edited: 9/17/2006 11:18:52 PM by redsuncivic

Edited: 9/17/2006 11:15:57 PM by redsuncivic

Edited: 9/17/2006 11:13:02 PM by redsuncivic

Originally posted by jancecustoms

Since it's a stepside bed the factory Dodge tailgate would be to wide to fit so a Chevy one is used. The body lines and the fender flares is what makes it a dodge, the dodge taillights fit it to well for it to be a Chevy bed. Yes they might have used a Chevy bed for the mold so what's the big deal

i dont care what it is but it looks just like a chevy one..the tail lights fitting and bodyline means nothing becouse the beds are fiberglass, fiberglass is easy to make anything fit. i would find it harder to think a chevy tailgate would just fit and if it was so rare why would you put a chevy gate on it..the flares look just like chevy ones also!!! if its a dodge bed they are gay for making it look just like a chevy one.

it was very easy to shave the top bodyline on my chevy.

post photo
lowrthnu92   +1y

are we talkin about this red one ???
cantlooswit22s   +1y
that one rite there use to belong the maneger at the shop i use to work at..it is a dodge bed,from the factory.only offered in 96-97,one of those yrs only..the tailgate is a chevy one cuz it got hit from behind yrs ago and couldnt find a original gate.
and it is a completely fiberglass bed. including the floor.
but no,that one is not a "knock off".
lowrthnu92   +1y
thank you Ronnie
cantlooswit22s   +1y
no prob yo..lolany time i can be of some assistance.lol