Page 3 of 32
Mini Truckin General \  Black Ranger B/D on 22's at ITB

Black Ranger B/D on 22's at ITB

Mini Truckin General General Discussions
views 10395
replies 311
following 132

OutkastWagon51   +1y
Yeah I am assuming that the truck is along way from being finished and he is going to clean it up. But as far as the frame welded to the cab I dont remember but I do know there was no front to the bed. It was just the bed sides and the back tailgate section. The sides were welded to the frame clip.
TEEBAGGINNN   +1y
The front fenders look like they have been raised on the black truck. From the bodyline up they look taller than the white truck.
kingofbling   +1y
Thanks To everyone whose commented. I own the F150 my best friend owns the Ranger "Russ". That truck is built on a 1985 Monte Carlo Stub and is back halfed all tube. The Reason for a chevy small block is because of the monte stub. The master cyclinder problem sucks, the truck was built around 20's with 245-35's and then we got those 22's. It had to have 22's. The truck is far from done, Russ didnt even really wanna take it, so about 2 weeks from INDY we really had to bust some ass. The flat black was kinda last minute, only to make it 1 color. The body work guy bought a house and didnt have any spare time to do some small stuff so we just had to live with it. Hopefully it will be complete and/or more complete at Midwest Dragfest in June. I think that the white Ranger has a MAZDA front clip. and the mazda clip is shorter than a ranger.
Other than that please keep coming with the comments. Love it or Hate it we really are interested in the feedback.
Thanks
JC
bodydropped85   +1y
yea its not layin body at all. no offese to you man, but a 225/35 20 is 1/2 from the hood w/ a 3 in bd. there is no difference in lengths of the ranger/mazda front ends. i think w/ some cleanin up itll look good dont listen to them bout hte chevy power.
couldbelower   +1y
does the truck even drive?
kingofbling   +1y
Its not layin body? Are you high???

"A 225-30-20 is a 1/2 " from the hood with a 3" body drop?"
OK well were on 22" with a HOOD.. Their not talking about length their talkin about height. Also the truck drives awesome its a little light in the ass end. It drove for 2 days before we left then got to INDY and the bolt for the internal shift linkage came loose. Thank the tranny shop for that.
JC
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
the welds on the entire "tube" frame looked like they were done by a 4 year old. and what was with the clamp on bar mounts? that truck scared me. when i saw the homemade tank, and noticed/heard the truck leaking down i got out of there in a hurry.
kingofbling   +1y
does the white truck have tubular control arms? Upper and Lower. Because Russ's does.
White truck have a ranger frame? Ibeams? Because you have to remeber that the Black ranger is on a MONTE CARLO frame so you can build it like a S10..
thesource161   +1y
i think it might not look the best but alot of work into it. still in the rough stage i think.
Lo94S-10   +1y
Being built on a Monte Carlo frame doesn't change the fact that a 22 should be almost sitting against the hood. Putting a different frame under the hood doesn't make your fender higher, unless the fender was altered to sit higher, in which case, once again it has nothing to do with the front clip.