Page 4 of 6
Build-Ups \  THE CRUCK

THE CRUCK

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 2325
replies 59
following 22

THE_CRUCK   +1y
People doubted me and told me a v8 would never fit with a body drop. Guess they were wrong. Trickiest part is going to be fitting the radiator, oil cooler, and dual electric fans in front of it. Glad to see people interested in the build, a lot of people out there don't like this thing. lol
smctoy   +1y
love this build!!
THE_CRUCK   +1y
No new updates yet. Should have pics up tomorrow. Going to have to sell the wheels I just bought for it. They are the wrong offset. Going to switch from a 20x8.5 to a 20x7.5, and from a 38mm to a 45mm. Only used them for mock up and now gotta sell em. lol It happens. Floor is also going to come out, wanted to try and keep this a stock floor body drop but with only 2 inches to work with from floor to ground and having to cut so much out for the irs and engine, it just makes more sense to cut the floor out and start over. Gotta track down a factory GM radiator that I can use for mock up for now, so if anyone in AZ has one laying around I could use that would cool. Took a break these past couple days from working on it. It wears you out when you work all day in the heat, then come home and work in the heat on your project by yourself. lol
fknlowjeep   +1y
Your build makes me want to track one of these down, but they are never around- I don't think i've seen one driving around in years.

I can't wait to see more - I love it! What wheels are you going with? same but different size?
THE_CRUCK   +1y
Unfortunately no not the same wheels. Been looking at Helo and a couple other makes. Going with a 7.5 really narrows down the selection. My only other option is to narrow to irs and I don't have the cash to do so and it will kill my my lift in the rear. I started trimming out the firewall some more today and cleaning up edges. Need to cut some supports and get them tacked in so I can cut out the floor. Do a little trimming and cleaning up in the rear here and there. Then drop the body over the engine and irs one last time (Hopefully). If all is good clean out the garage lay the 3/16 down put the body on one side and start the frame on the other. As far as I know I'm the only one dumb enough, minus the original owner to build one of these things like this. It was nice when I bought it don't get me wrong, but it was someone else's creation, now I'm building it my way.
THE_CRUCK   +1y
Got a little bit of work done today. Built the cage in the interior and cut out the floor. Also cut out the firewall a little more for more clearance. Got the grinder out and straightened up some of my cuts. Then spent the rest of the day cleaning and organizing the garage.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
The Unit   +1y
Keep going man your making alot of progress on the cruck.
dragn4door   +1y
I really like this build. That sucks that you have to buy another set of wheels but stuff happens. Good luck with this bad-boy. Keep the pictures coming!
YUH8IN96   +1y
lookin badass dude very different build i like it. sucks about the wheels i really like them, but if your looking for a billet type wheel check out the centerline website ithink they make 20x7.5 wheels an the prices arent so bad
THE_CRUCK   +1y
Billets with such a small tire has bad news written all over it. I would bend them it's first trip out.