Page 5 of 6
Build-Ups \  THE CRUCK

THE CRUCK

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 2321
replies 59
following 22

riddinlow99   +1y
this build is sick def out of the box of normal hope to see it at last resort in oct would be sick man
Gotusik   +1y
Bad ass build very unique
THE_CRUCK   +1y
Ok, so been a long time since I have updated on this thing. To sum things up I ran out of money. lol
I finally sold my wheels and tires, got all my materials to build the frame ect. Should have updates within the next week or two. Going to have the IRS narrowed, it fits perfect in there but need to run a rediculously high offset wheel and it's very limited in choices. Picked up a new set of wheels and tires. Will be a challenge getting them to fit in the rear but nothing a sawzall and body saw can't fix. When I get them mounted up I'll get some pics up.
THE_CRUCK   +1y
Little teaser

post photo
juicedwagon   +1y
this is gonna be badass, love the fact your doin this to a truck i dont even remember seein on the road. good luck with the rest of the build
THE_CRUCK   +1y
So I finally started on my frame on Sunday. Took a few shots as I went. So far only have the front clip rails.Template cut down to draw out my cuts Top rail cutHalf wayAlmost there lolAll pieces cut and 45'd I forgot to take pics of the process of drilling out the plug hole but started out with a 1/4" pilot then went to 1/2" on a drill press.The internal gussets were cut out of 3/16" on the plasma table and were tacked into place. The frame rails are 2x3x3/16. It's a little overkill but that's ok. Today both rails will get squared and fully welded and hopefully make it under the Suzuki and tacked in place so I can measure for my cross members, engine and trans mount, and side rails.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Marcos_65   +1y
Been following for a while now, looking good man!
THE_CRUCK   +1y
Edited: 9/25/2011 12:48:13 AM by THE_CRUCK

Got the front clip rails fully welded now just need to knock the welds down and smooth it out. Hopefully get the cross members measured, cut and welded in soon.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
sdime99   +1y
are you going to leave the notches like that? I am not tryin to be a dick but they dont appear to blend into the side of the frame at all??
THE_CRUCK   +1y
Notches? The bottom of the front clip rail in the second picture right side is were it connects to the side rails. Unless your talking about a picture of the old frame? Those notches were put in for it to go to one show before it was pulled apart so I really didn't care what they looked like.