THE CRUCK

Build-Ups General Discussions
views 2310
replies 59
following 22

nvrdoned50   +1y
looking good tyler....glad to see your still going on it
THE_CRUCK   +1y
Little at a time but it's coming along. Hopefully it's done before my 2 y/o graduates from high school. lol
TEEBAGGINNN   +1y
Good progress, what are your plans for the rockers? Re-make them or add ground effects?
THE_CRUCK   +1y
Rockers are going to get rebuilt.
THE_CRUCK   +1y
Template for rear railsRear rail pieces cutbefore plug holes and gussets45'd and holes drilledShavings, takes a long time to drill these out even with a drill press. lol

Forgot to take pics of them welded up but you get the idea. I cut out the side rails, front and rear cross members and the trans cross member, took all the pieces home and mocked them up. it looks like a complete frame but it's far from. lol

I have a little more done since I took these, have the front cross member welded in, have to get the rear member in and welded so I can start on the side rails.
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
Marcos_65   +1y
Looks pretty sweet!
jahfar   +1y
This is looking cool gotta love the odd ball stuff! That LT1 is going to give you problems, trust me I know! Unless you want to run a full harness for the motor and trans I would carb it and run a turbo 350 trans. Summitt sells the intake if not, pace performance in Ohio sells the rest of the parts you will need for the conversion and lackey performance in Michigan i think makes the special bolts to block the reverse flow crap at the back. Make sure you thank GM the cam already has a gear for the distrubutor on it so you dont have to do a cam swap. Let me know if you got other ?'s i have been down this road.
BK2LIFE   +1y
cool to see you still going on this one..

been a while since i seen any updates
THE_CRUCK   +1y
I try and work on it as much as I can, just hard to between work and family.
THE_CRUCK   +1y
--------------------------------------------

jahfar said:

This is looking cool gotta love the odd ball stuff! That LT1 is going to give you problems, trust me I know! Unless you want to run a full harness for the motor and trans I would carb it and run a turbo 350 trans. Summitt sells the intake if not, pace performance in Ohio sells the rest of the parts you will need for the conversion and lackey performance in Michigan i think makes the special bolts to block the reverse flow crap at the back. Make sure you thank GM the cam already has a gear for the distrubutor on it so you dont have to do a cam swap. Let me know if you got other ?'s i have been down this road.

--------------------------------------------

I plan on running all the factory harnesses. I have both engine and dash harnesses for the engine/trans all the way back to the fuel pump. I will be keep all the factory emissions so I can register it in town instead of up north where there is no emissions. As for performance not much is going to get done to it, just clean up the wiring and throw some fuel rail covers on it. The a/c compressor will be coming off for a vintage air later on as well as the power steering pump. I'm back and forth with wether or not to get rid of the power steering, but with it being so small and it won't be daily driven should be fine without it.