threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  what motors bolt to my 5 speed manual Tranny??

what motors bolt to my 5 speed manual Tranny??

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 994
replies 5
following 2

vegasyota94   +1y
looking to get another motor, but want one that bolts to my 5 speed manual tranny.. any help with a list would be great.. thanks.. also this is goin into my 4runner..
thanks again.
cable   +1y
not sure exactly,but you can get bell housing adapters to bolt up to a couple different engines and still use your trans,if yours has a removable bell housing,cajun taco did his 350 swap and kept the 4 banger 5 speed.I'm thinking I read on here somebody posted a link to a site that offered complete swap kits and bell housing adapters to drop a 2jz-gte.7m-gte should be very similar,also check advanced adapters,north west off road(n.w.o.r.)they also make motor mounts,also trans dapt makes motor mounts also.Imo you can get the right transmission for less than the adapter in most cases,just depends on the motor,just be more work.what did you have in mind?
vegasyota94   +1y
i found a few motors.. oone is a 302 5.0 from a 89 t bird..
wonder how hard that would be.
cable   +1y
that's what my motor is,5.0 ,but it's carb'd,that 1 is prob. fuel injected.I made my own motor mounts,and I used a c6 auto trans.,it bolted directly up to the toyota 5 speed trans mount(have you not read my build thread?,lol)advanced adapters prob makes a bellhousing adapter,if your gonna be easy on it..your yota trans might be ok,but if your gonna give it hell,I would swap it over to the c4 or the c6 ford trans,and also a ford 9in rear,seems the toyota axles are plenty strong,but the third member is where they come up a little short,but then again if your not giving it immortal hell,it should hold up fine,the stock toyota gearing (4:11)is gonna suck at interstate speed with the ford trans,but with the yota 5 speed it will be the same as now.
vegasyota94   +1y
im confused lol... will a 4runner v6 bolt up to my tranny???
im going to the junkyards this weekend and need to find something.. 22r, 22re, v6 i dont care.
cable   +1y
I would prob stay away from that 3.0 toyota v6,It seems that they are prone to blowing head gaskets,not saying there all bad,but seems to be a very common problem,I would prob. go back 22re,or you could also ask around to see if a tacoma 2rz 4 banger or the 3rz v6 would work?if not,see if you could get the transmission/ecu &wire harness,motor mounts should be very similar,if the transmission won't bolt up to your crossmember,just cut yours out and move it accordingly.you shouldn't have to modify your trans tunnel or the firewall for that swap,the tacoma should be very close to what you got now....
Page 1 of 1