threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Stock Axle HP Capacity?

Stock Axle HP Capacity?

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 845
replies 3
following 2

baha   +1y
Hey all just seeing if any of you know of someone with a small block swapped into their Toyota running the factory axle. I would like to either run a turbo or the 4.0L v8 just curious of how well it would hold up to roughly 300hp. I have a Ford 8.8 which uses the same bolt patter but it would have to be shortened plus the Toyota axle just looks a lot smoother.
cable   +1y
I'm thinking I read on here or streetsource back in the day that the stock toyota rear would handle somewhere around 500hp,and I believe that whoever it was stated that that info came from lc engineering,I had a 350 in my frame for a while then decided against it,because I was considering a ford 9 swap,I would just run you stock axle&if you break one you could upgrade to lc's chromoly axles or cut down your 8.8 and have some mowser's fitted and resplined
baha   +1y
Thanks man I think that's what I'll do!
cable   +1y
yep yep,I'm thinking the guy said that lc engineering was saying they had several trucks pushing around 600 horse before they were needing the chromoly axles.you should shoot them an email/call and ask them yourself for a little better grasp on the situation,there may be something different they change on their axles,or recommend,but the 300 horse range I would think you'd be fine,I researched the stock axle thing for a week or better after I saw how much I was gonna have in a 9in' ford cut down with mowser axles,I'm thinking it was gonna be somewhere around a grand in the whole thing. all the input I got said 500 horse was good,check streetsource,pretty sure thats where I read that...
Page 1 of 1