threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  has any one adjusted the idle control valve?

has any one adjusted the idle control valve?

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 887
replies 3
following 3

sleepyspeed   +1y
I was looking at it and looks like it has two aluminum plugs, kinda like the air mixture screws on the 22r carbs. That could be drilled out to acces them. My truck Idles at 1800 till the temp gauge gets to the midway point. from what I can remember toyotas had a drawn out high idle, but not this long.

I've adjusted the screw on the throttle body(it's all the way in right now) check timming, checked the vaf, and ait sensor. checked the condition and routing of the vacuum lines, and checked the intake for leaks and found all to be fine. Once it's warmed up it will idle about 900-950. Maybe there is still something I'm missing I've dug into my repair book, of course it's half worthless. But it's been a good 10 years since I've touched a 22r so I know I'm a little rusty on them.
pig rig   +1y
i'm dont know how toyotas ecm works on the efi but on GM's obd1 if the 02 is gone or not working it will make the computer want to stay in open loop/closed loop (I cant remember) thinking its not quite up to running temp at idle but once the throttle is open it trys to lean it out thinking its not getting hot enough

food for thought
baha   +1y
It's been so long since my Toyota ran but did you check the o2 sensor? When the one on my Toyota was bad it had really strange idle problems.
sleepyspeed   +1y
hey that might just be it! or worth looking into anyway. I've only had this truck like 3weeks and haven't driven it much other than 5 miles to work and 5 home. I did stop off for parts for my other pos today and noticed that it revved up again after shutting it down and the coolant was full temp, the truck sat off for about 15min and was idleing at 950 before I turned it off.

any way thanks guys I'll dig into the o2 idea
Page 1 of 1