Page 1 of 2
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  motor build?

motor build?

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1779
replies 12
following 6

toylowta   +1y
i am fixin to build a motor up i either have a choice between a 22re or a 22re turbo. an i am wantin to run bout 300hp out of it. i dont know a whole lot on tryin to do that any info would be great for help
truck action   +1y
Contact LC Engineering & get one of their catalogs.
They are the experts on these engines!!!
m_i_zombie   +1y
LC makes some really nice stuff but you better prepare to bend over and take it like no other. Best thing on a 22r series motor is build torque, that is what you actually feel not horespower. Spend your time and money on head work and exhaust. There are some other reputable companies out there that do excellent work for a fraction of what Lc sells their stuff for.

I'm in the process of building a new 22r for my truck. guesstemating about 405-420ftlbs of torque, 325-340 hp. Motor is going from a 2.3 to a 3.0. Using a "prototype" forged crank, chevy pinked H beams. Heavily modified head and "prototype" roller valvetrain, and Thorley header.
truck action   +1y
Only reply ,is you get what you pay for!
They build racing engines,& have been for some time!!
Toyota stands behind them !
Enough said!
toylowta   +1y
damn i dont want to pay for a mag i just want to beable to do the stuff my self or a local shop not really wantin to spend a fortune on it. im just wantin to know what i can do to get more horsepower out of it. the motor in my yota has roughly 220hp but i just want to know what i can do to it to up the power
twisted customz   +1y
220hp? wut do you have done to your engine?.....
toylowta   +1y
not sure if thats really what i have we just kinda figured out by what ive done to it. its bored .30 over balanced rods and crank has been polished, block has been decked, head has been decked, cold air intake, electric fan, a thorley header all new exhaust pipe witch is oversized 2 1/4" from header back into a 40 series flowmaster. thats all that i can think of
truck action   +1y
The cam is the heart of any engine. A change there with what you've done will wake the engine up!
Also a bigger throttle body!
toylowta   +1y
yea ive been wantin to put a cam in it. but at the time when i built the motor i didnt know anyone that could program the computer. i just need to buy a cam now an do it, where can i get a bigger throttle body at?
dubvipers   +1y
engnbldr.com

contact Ted, he may help you out.