Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  motor swallowed coolant

motor swallowed coolant

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 671
replies 3
following 3

layedout72   +1y
no clue where it went but wtf. i poured 2 jugs of 50/50 in a little bit back and then run my motor for a bit. it got a little hot and needle went to the top end of the gauge before the red but i shut it down. just went to check it out and theres ZERO coolant that i can see. and to top that off my water pump starts leaking. i dont mean seaping, its like pouring out a drip or two every second.
yodaforce   +1y
Better check the crankcase for fluid. That's the only place other than the floor that it could go.
truck action   +1y
Bad head ,or head gasket,it will just burn through the engine!
Test by taking to a shop & have smog sniffer ,put into water inlet ( @ radiator) !
layedout72   +1y
Heres a more drawn out run down of what happened that I typed on toyotaminis.

If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!

I put a fresh (0 mile) motor in my truck and have recently got it running. I filled the radiator with 50/50 (2 jugs worth) about a month ago and haven't seen any drops or leaks since then. Just today I am driving my truck up and down my driveway, maybe 150 feet round trip. Back it in the garage and then go inside come back out later and it's literally flooding water/coolant out the water pump.

It ran hot because i forgot to hook my fan up. I don't think it ran long enough to really mess things up, but now that I think of it, it may have. I took the top radiator hose off and it was BONE dry, not a single drip of fluid hit it. My radiator is a little under my motor, like 2 inches, but I figure thats not a big deal. My water pump I am thinkin is bad. My motor was COMPLETELY gone through, new block and all. I didn't put a new thermostat in til' today but that obviously is not the problem as my hose isn't even wet let alone pouring out fluid when i disconnect it.

It diesels when i shut it down sometimes, and a couple times it has backfired through the carb just one little puff and shuts off. I don't know what the hell is going on, I just hope I didn't blow a head gasket because I will NOT! be going thru the motor again and I am NOT pulling the head on my own in my garage. The truck will sit there and wait until someone buys it. No friggin way am I opening the motor.

The very first time i started it up it smoked a lot, but i figured the new manifold and painted manifold cover was letting out oils and burning paint and all off. Well it didnt do it for a while as I was tuning and all so I figured all was well. Go crank it a bit ago and it does it again, white smoke just coming up in a rather good amount. WTF!!!!!

This **** NEVER goes smooth for me. I just want out of it at this point.
Page 1 of 1