Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  engine not starting

engine not starting

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 699
replies 3
following 3

framescr8pintoy   +1y
long story short.... had truck running, after a sitting for awhile while rebuilding backhalf. got it to start after finding the cable to the starter was loose. fixed. starts right up. did the usual few trips up and down the block, took it to fff this past year. sitting in the roll in line idleing just fine. sounded good no weird noised no jumps in rpms or anything. probably about 30 mins of this. got signed up , hit the gas to drive and it stalls... tried to restart, truck would not turn over. after finally getting around to looking at it recently. yeah i know fff was months ago. i thought possibly my fuel filter got clogged. i replaced that. noticed i had fuel all the way to the engine. all the fuel lines are connected correctly. it turns over like it wants to start but its not getting spark. checked spark plugs and wires connecting. all fine. did the whole check for spark with someone trying to start. nothing. checked ignition coil using multimeter and haynes manual. numbers i were getting werent matching up to the manual. took ignition coil to autozone for them to check, they said the secondary was a little lower than what their sheet said its supposed to be at. does this sound like the problem could be the ign. coil? why would it just stop and not restart while i was idleing? trying to not spend mucho money on misc. parts to fix it as im broke already but seeing it sitting in the garage is pissing me off.
famous_driver   +1y
hey man have you checked the mass air flow sensor thats what it sounds like to me cause they go out when the want so check and make sure that is working
framescr8pintoy   +1y
but that wouldnt cause no spark?
yodaforce   +1y
It's either the coil, ignitor, or the pickup in the distributor. Ignitors drop off suddenly without warning, but sometimes so do coils and pickups. The pickup in the distributor is the cheapest. Coil is next, and then the big spender, the ignitor.
Page 1 of 1