Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  bleeding brakes and clutch

bleeding brakes and clutch

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 811
replies 6
following 4

layedout72   +1y
first the clutch. i left the line open, pumped and got fluid in the line. i then pumped and pumped. then i released again and it just dribbled. the clutch has a feel to it but its not "firm". What can I do different? It's not exactly easy to get to the slave being body dropped and all.

for brakes

how can i bench bleed in the truck, or is it even needed? can i get a good pedal feel another way?
framescr8pintoy   +1y
i had to bleed mine awhile back, i had a friend pumping the pedal while i was releasing the valve.. but i was doing it underneath the truck off the side of the engine. i dont really remember much else it was a late night that night.
layedout72   +1y
off the side of the engine? like the cab was off or what? my slave is right at the back of the bay.....im not sure what you meant.
layedout72   +1y
so uh, can someone tell me if i have to bench bleed the master or not? i have fluid in the rear lines but for whatever reason i cant get fluid to bleed out the fronts. Driver side did at one point but not again. Pass didn't. Getting kinda aggrevated.
holcombe347   +1y
this might help.... it sounds as if your trying to do it by yourself.

layedout72   +1y
alright so i have pressure with the truck off but as soon as i crank the truck....no pedal what so ever.
n2bnlow   +1y
* I am not a mechanic. Im a minitrucker.
Soft pedal = Air in line or possibly a Vaccum leak. Make sure your brake booster is ok. The hose is clampped tight.
The clutch and brake bleeding process can be a long one if you get air in the lines. I dont ever want to do it again.
But use a brake bleeder for the fronts for sure. The master can be bench bled. But I was able to bleed mine while installed. Just a matter of chasing ALL of the air out. It took me and the Mrs. about 4 hours to bleed the clutch. I think partially because she did'nt catch the fluid draining out of the resevoir a few times. Which lets air in. Which makes you start all fuckin over. Cant live with-out em though. Lol. Just dont give up.
Right when I thought I couldnt possibly need to bleed that fricken thing anymore....................
.......I was about 1/4 of the way done.
Page 1 of 1