Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  longet throttle cable options

longet throttle cable options

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 884
replies 8
following 3

layedout72   +1y
Any info on this? Stock floored with motor dropped damn near 1 inch and the gas pedal was moved over a little to clear the tranny tunnel. It needs like no kidding a 1/4 inch of length to fit tight but not stretched. I have tried loosening the two nuts to let it move but its the cable sheeth itself. Is there play somewhere that I am missing?
m_i_zombie   +1y
I replaced mine with a Lokar brand cable after I installed the weber, it was streched way too much and when the engine torqued it pulled even more. I originally maxed out at the adjuster and then I bent the top or the gas pedal and put a smaller rubber washer in there. That worked for a while but it wouldn't let the carb go back to its original resting point, it kept the motor from idling correctly every time.
layedout72   +1y
you dont have a part number do you?
m_i_zombie   +1y
I believe its this one TC-1000U 24" Universal Black Throttle Cable. just have to measure your existing cable and trim the new one, its a little longer and the end can be cut back. You can get at speed shops, ebay and summit pretty cheap.

As far as the end piece that connects to the carb I took a piece of round stock and drilled through the piece for the cable to slide through. Then I drilled and tapped for a set screw to hold in place. If you need a pic or something just ask.
layedout72   +1y

You mind posting a picture of your setup man? I'm going to order what I need here soon and want to know how to get going once I have it. I just don't have a drill/tap set, and was hoping there was a similar setup from another car but I can figure it out one way or another. Can you take a picture of how it comes out the firewall as well.
holcombe347   +1y
in addition to what quinn (m i zombie)said, if you dont have the tap and die set, you can buy whats called cable ties / cable stops. its the same thing quinn made. they come in a little "help" package with varying sizes. they worked really good when i used them to fix the interior door latch on my ranger... apparently ford doesn't just sell the cable. haha. just get a universal cable and even if you have to cut one end down to size.
holcombe347   +1y
because i needed 10 minutes to fill, i drew you this picture of a cable stop... haha.

thread post photo
layedout72   +1y
so where do you grab those cable stops? just a parts house like oreilleys or similar?

and I will grab that cable as soon as I can. i just wanna drive it, thats like the one thing stoppin me from goin around the neighborhood at least.

edit: google <a class="postlink" href=""> ... stid=67232</a><!-- m -->
holcombe347   +1y
glad to see that you found them. but yeah, just grab those up and get the cable you need to and cut it to size and put those cable stops in.
Page 1 of 1