Page 1 of 2
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Exhaust with bags

Exhaust with bags

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1503
replies 18
following 9

cajuntaco   +1y
How are you guys routing your exhaust and what are you using for a muffler? And where do you put the muffler? I was looking under there yesterday and room is scarce.
I need to move the exhaust so she'll lay out. Right now I'm laying Cat. I've got a trans-member to put in but need to figure out the exhaust first.
-Ryan
smctoy   +1y
When we installed the new motor & tranny in my 91 we also redid the exhaust. I had it all raised above the frame so it would drag. I had the guy run it all along the inside of the frame & the muffler is right behind the extra-cab of the truck under the bed with a turn down. Im about to cut the turn down off & run the exhaust out in front f the drivers side rear tire like Ive done all my trucks in the past. Oh Im also using a Flowmaster 40 series/2-chamber muffler!
thread post photo

thread post photo
layedout72   +1y
Wish I could help but we ran crossmembers with 2 inch holes in them for the exhaust to run through and noone wants to touch the damn thing! I swear if they would take their time, they could figure something out. I've already seen ways to do it but the first shop just layed the pipe in there on the holes and it hits the muffler on the ground before the truck lays out and when it lays out it presses the pipes to the top of the holes. They just don't want to work on it I think. 200 dollars down...
cajuntaco   +1y
Problem is I added my 4 link crossmember right behind the cab and the lower bars are right inside the frame rails. Right now the exhaust is cut-off at the back of the cab but I would like to redo it to not lay on the ground. I would prefer it to sound like a prius but I'm not sure what muffler to use. I have access to a tube bender and would rather do it myself so its right, but I need some ideas.

-Ryan
truck action   +1y
Look @ my post on my exhaust,all is up insides the frame,nothing touches the ground!
Recently put the photos on Toyota Minis site & they are on here !
layedout72   +1y
yours is bad ass Gary. i wish mine would have been thought through like that. live and learn i guess huh.
truck action   +1y
Thanks for the good comment!
I always give the same advice about every aspect of a build,Plan all out on paper,research as much as you can!
It saves time = money= head aches!
Not that I haven't had to do something more the once,or change something!
layedout72   +1y
yah, i just thought an exhaust shop could handle it thought wrong.
truck action   +1y
If you talk them through what you want,most shops can & will do what you need/ want,but you have to find one that will let you be in the area while work is being done,so to correct & make sure their doing what you want!
Find a shop that does hot rods & custom cars/trucks!
shortyzkustomz   +1y
No exhaust shop I went to could make a tigh enough bend to do what I wanted. So I decided to try myself, I picked up 2 mandrel j bends with the tightest radius I could find, and did this... I was originally going to try and tuck it out through the bedside but went a different route. Sorry for the nasty pics. Truck has been down for a while as you can tell. I need to get a hanger on the exhaust and wrap the whole back pipe in header wrap.

thread post photo

How it looks outside (3 inch polished tip)
thread post photo