Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Supra Swap ?'s

Supra Swap ?'s

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 797
replies 2
following 3

yoguyda   +1y
Alright, i haven't been posting much, but on Christmas Eve i spun out and dinged my bed pretty good. traded my 18's for some stock wheels and painted them black. I also added a Weber 32/36. She was running better then ever, until 2 blocks from my house, coming back from the river. My truck started sputtering, clattering and running like it was on 2 maybe 3 cylinders. Temp was good, oil was just right, just a freak engine failure....

I started looking into swaps and never realized how "bolt in" the supra motors were. Im basically looking for someone with first hand knowledge of swapping a 5mge/7mge into a 2wd Toyota. I've read a lot online, but in reference to 4wd's.

So far, i know i need: A 5mge/7mge motor, 5mge motor mounts, wiring harness, electric fuel pump, computer, v6 radiator, electric fan, clearance the firewall a bit, move the battery, clutch and gas lines to the drivers side, but im a little unclear about oil pan clearance and the whole tranny fitment. I heard u need a 5mge bell housing to mount up to the truck transmission, but i read that on a 4wd swap page.

Would a supra manual tranny have issues with firewall clearance, or is it longer, or what? Will the 5mge bell housing only mount to a certain truck tranny like the w58 that ive seen mentioned? I ran across a Cressida today at Pick n Pull untouched and complete under the hood. I just want to know i have everything when i go to do the swap....Anyone?
smctoy   +1y
There are a few guys over on cause I know that a ton of those guys have done that swap!!
xtotalanarcoix   +1y
you want the non turbo 7m bell housing that was on 87-92 if I'm not mistaken. You also need the clutch setup from the same car. There are no clearance issues at the firewall. If you havent yet look on pirate4x4 in the FAQ there is a lot of info on this. I have been gathering parts for this swap into my 84 4x4 myself. The oil pan is the only thing I'm not positive on, because its really a non issue for us guys doing this to lifted solid axle trucks. We did put one in a late 70s corrola a long time ago and what I think we had to do was get the oil pan off a cresida since it had the sump in the correct place, i assume that would also be the case for a mini truck with IFS.
Page 1 of 1