Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  light show

light show

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 639
replies 5
following 3

tntmaz   +1y
Lowered my 94 yota pickup the other day using the old skool way (block,torsions). Here my question, When i take off from a stop the brake and battery light on the dash start flashing like a rave show! Battery has good connections, voltage, did the load test and thats fine. Has new brakes as of last month so there good. Just a goofy issue i was wondering if anyone has ran into this? I'm sorta thinking it has something to do with that big ass block that all the rear brake lines run into, but don't get the battery light part? Anyone got any ideas?
holcombe347   +1y
it sounds like your alternator is starting to go bad.

my toyota when i first started driving did that for the longest time (almost a year). i had the alternator tested at the time and it passed and thumbed through the wiring but everything was good and hooked up accordingly. at the time i noticed when my lights were on, brakelights, turn signal were going, it was more noticeable as the load on the electrical system was greater.

one good test is to get in it start it up and put as much load on the electrical system as possible and see if the severity of the flickering gets more pronounced. ie: brakes, highbeams, emergency flasher, blower fan. mine did it for close to a year before the stayed on solid. once those two lights (battery and ebrake) come on solid, that shows that there was an alternator failure. when i ran compressors i would dust an alternator at least once every 6 - 9 months. those lights came on every time when it went out.
holcombe347   +1y
i just realized that you said it was a 94.... i think that those trucks had a check engine light with a code for the alternator failure. perhaps not. im just speaking from experience with my 88 as the two trucks may be similar in that aspect.
tntmaz   +1y
you might be right, I had the alt checked and it seemed good. It seems that every time i take off from a light or give it gas it seems that it starts flashing and stays on til i ease off the gas. Runs fine too. maybe i'll swap out the alt an see what happens. Thanks bro, anyone else know if the flashing lights indicate a fault code??
holcombe347   +1y
make sure to check all the connection as well. it could just be loose connection not transfering power adequately. look for any type of corrosion and get it cleaned off. also, check the main plugs. i had a little water get in mine and it really freaked out.. haha.
smctoy   +1y
When the alternator was going bad in my truck the emergency brake/parking brake light would come on & go off from time to time, then it stayed on. So I would have the alternator checked & see if its going bad.
Page 1 of 1