threads
Page 1 of 2
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  need emissions help QUICK! (Monday!)

need emissions help QUICK! (Monday!)

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1115
replies 12
following 4

layedout72   +1y
We are putting the motor back in Monday and I want to do things right. Which of the 3 metal pipes that wrap around the motor do you need? What all can you block off with a plate? Which hoses can you take off? I'm lost on what does what and what can be removed! Can someone PLEASE draw this out to me??
truck action   +1y
If a 22re ,leave all ,as the computer, & the running of the engine will be off if not!
You can make these engine run very strong if you do every thing right!
layedout72   +1y
it's an R, not RE. sorry. I have a full frame under it,i'm not worried about going fast haha
cnudrln   +1y
well if you take off all the EGR stuff you dont need ANY of these hoses or vacum lines or sensors. i build a new intake plenum for my 22re and blocked off the EGR plug on the back of the head, ditched all the vacum lines and sensors and runs great. if you get rid of all that the only vacum line you need is from the fuel pressure regulator straight to the manifold. if you need more help let me know
truck action   +1y
Like I said 22re 's are a different animal! When you have a computer controlling the air flow/fuel flow/timing.
Than any changes you do can & will be non beneficial to your engine!!
cnudrln   +1y

the only benefit to removing all that stuff (EGR, vacum, and sensors) is to clean the engine bay. just stating this cause i know its a fact it can be done i done it on mine. and runs no different than before.
dubvipers   +1y
How about the A/C idle up solenoids and what not?
layedout72   +1y
so what about the steel lines from wrap around the motor? I almost need someone there to talk to and ask about things cuz I don't remember how it was before even though I have pics.
layedout72   +1y
do the pipes coming out of the exhaust manifold just route warm air to help with emissions? other than the one that flows coolant to the heater I guess. I guess that it's coolant that goes thru the one that routes to the heater. But anyways, it's safe/correct to block these if you don't have a heater or stock carb, right?
cnudrln   +1y
the pipe on the header is useless if you do what i did. the two pipes for the heater if your not going to run 1 just loop a hose to connect the pipes on the motor. yup completely safe to loop the hose ive done it on several yotas.