threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Fan shroud after body drop and all...

Fan shroud after body drop and all...

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 802
replies 4
following 3

layedout72   +1y
Alright, well I am obviously asking lots of questions as I didn't build my truck and I am trying to get ready to put it all back together later this week. We BD'd it roughly 2.5-3 inches and then 1 inch motor mounts. Well...is there a way to make up the difference so everything fits back together or do you just go ahead and buy electric fans? If it's electrics...what size/combo do I need for a 22R 4 speed...
nigels_world   +1y
Honestly I would ditch the stock fan. Go to napa and buy the biggest electric fan they have. The cfm rating doesn't need to be that high as these motors do not have a lot of energy entering the cooling system.
layedout72   +1y
i see on ebay that taurus fans are real cheap and have a built in shroud. I have read this is a swap toyotas can use. Has anyone here done this swap?
yodaforce   +1y
I even ran a Taurus fan on my '68 C-10 with a 327 and never have had any problems. Even those hot summer days in traffic in Coastal SC! I ran an adjustable temp switch (about $20 at Advance). I've recently aquired a fan from a Ford Cummins diesel (they run two electrics) for my '87 Toyota. It's thinner than the Taurus fan.
nigels_world   +1y
Taurus fans flow more on low then you will ever need. If the price is right go for it.
Page 1 of 1