Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  22re auto to manual swap

22re auto to manual swap

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 2244
replies 5
following 3

baha   +1y
Has anyone completed an automatic transmission to manual swap? I'm trying to get a list of parts together, and hopefully see some pics.

Here is the list I have so far:

-transmission
-clutch kit
-clutch master cylinder - the manuals used a hydraulic clutch right?
-computer
-clutch pedal

Thanks for any help!
Rob
smctoy   +1y
Your going to have fun with this lol!! Youll also need the driveshaft out of the manual truck too cause the automatic tranny is longer then the manual & the automatic shaft wont work!! Oh & try the computer thats already in your truck too before you swap it because I didnt have to swap my computer when I did the conversion!! Oh & not sure how many miles are on your truck, but another good thing to do while the tranny is out & you have access to it is too replace the rear main seal!! Other than that you seem to be heading down the right path! Hit me up if you have anymore questions!

*Here is a pic of what TAP-Toyota Auto Parts sent me when I told them I was doing the manual conversion!
thread post photo
baha   +1y
Thanks Donny! so I can bug you when I run into a snag right?
layedout72   +1y
can I ask why you want to go manual? everything I own in stick shift, so i'm not saying your shouldn't. just curious why. it's tough hittin switches and shifting gears haha.
baha   +1y
No worries, I was planning on using Autolocs air ride control system, and I just prefer stick anyway. I would like to put a turbo on it so it will be more fun with a stick
smctoy   +1y

Sure bro...always glad to help & if I dont know the answer Ill call my boy Jay who helped me with my motor install & tranny swap!!
Page 1 of 1