threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Ive got gas........problems.

Ive got gas........problems.

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 711
replies 7
following 6

n2bnlow   +1y
So, I went to the Relaxin in So Cal in Riverside on Sunday. Trailored the truck cuz I still need to get it aligned and had no drive time in it yet. What I neglected to notice was how low the gas level was. I ran it dry in line to get in. My wife and alot of people I did'nt know helped push me in. Thanks to everyone. I had a friend bring me gas. I put 2.5 gallons in it, and it ran fine until I went to pull it back in the trailor. It started sputtering, and almost died. I figured maybe some poop from the bottom of the tank got sucked into the line and clogged the filter. I just changed the filter. It seems to be alittle better, but still sputtering and the engine is moving alot when it idles. Deffinatly not right. Maybe injectors? Anyone have any advice for me? Its a 94 22RE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
truck action   +1y
Had the engine been apart? What was the last thing you worked on?
Pump,filter, fuel regular,cold start injector,choke,all will cause this type of problem!
n2bnlow   +1y
My motor has never been apart. The only thing that has changed since it was running good is that I ran out of gas.
yodaforce   +1y
The only thing that comes to mind is wether the pump ran dry for too long . I'm just guessing but I know if the pump runs dry for too long it will create serious wear on it and may not provide full pressure at the regulator and injectors. A pump can be bad and still pump fuel, but it's the pressure that may be lost, creating a starving condition. You need to get ahold of a fuel pressure test guage and hook it up to the test port (usually on the injector rail past the inlet) and verify the amount of pressure you're getting. I'm not sure what it is supposed to be so you'll have to look it up.
layedout72   +1y
change the filter again. buy 3 or 4 of them. just because one got dirty and you put a clean one in doesnt mean its clean. I "ran out of gas" and had to change my filter 4 times before it even got somewhat clean. I had a full tank of gas after all.
baha   +1y
Another thing to check is the oxygen sensor, I'm not sure if I understand it right but when my truck was having a similar issue it was because the oxygen sensor wasn't hooked up. It would idle but when you gave it gas it would almost cut off.
n2bnlow   +1y
Checked pressure. fUsed some fuel injector cleaner. Not sputtering anymore. Runs like before. Thank you all for your advice!!
the_general0626   +1y
fuel injector cleaner works miracles... techron works great in my opinion but STP never gave me any problems
Page 1 of 1