threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  going 22r w/ dual sidedraft mikuni's..... anyone else?

going 22r w/ dual sidedraft mikuni's..... anyone else?

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 2656
replies 2
following 3

sd yota   +1y
i got myself into a set of sidedraft mikuni carbs for my truck and being i will be doing a mild build on the motor, i was wondering what people are running for fuel pumps, regulators and such. what did you guys do about the distributor, timing and other essentials as such.

i know for a fact the egr system is going bye-bye i more so need the minor details as to what else to run on this setup.

i will be rebuilding the bottom end stock. the top end i will be ordering a new Street/RV head and cam combo from engnbldr.com. also gonna be going with a lightweight flywheel (9lb.) already have a good exhaust system and downey headers.
3tcrob   +1y
I have duel webers on my truck Thorley header and a TRD stage 2 Cam(about to be a Stage 4 LCE Cam)any I run a Facet pump the low pressure high volume pump no return and not regulated it flows about 4 lbs
No problems flodding or anything but about to get a Carter forget the part number but the old school celica guys swear by them Timing was the same but I didnt run a vaccum advance and am Going with the DUI dist
suncomb1   +1y
Twin Mikunis are fine for racing but the twin Weber 40-45 DCOEs are better for the street. I have used both and they are pretty similar in operation. The Mikunis can take higher fuel pressure and are more stable in off-road racing but have to be tuned and adjusted more often. The Webers are touchy to fuel pump pressure, 1-1.5 PSI, but they stay in tune longer. Idle jet jetting is critical to both while main jetting is pretty straight forward. In both cases, carb sync is critical and you need to purchase a sync tool so you can balance the two carbs. Good luck with your project.
Page 1 of 1