threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  High output alternator?

High output alternator?

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 873
replies 5
following 3

n2bnlow   +1y
Have any of you guys installed a high output alternator in your truck? Im building a 2000watt system + tvs, compressors, and lighting. Ive always experienced lights dimming and lack of power with my stock one when the bass hits, so I would like to upgrade. I want a pretty much direct bolt in application, and around 170amp. Im hoping there is a Chevy alternator that can be used in my bracketry with maybe a spacer, or some shit. Or someone know which alternator was used in the Minitruckin Tech where Sadistic put a high output alternator in a Toy?
n2bnlow   +1y
Shoulda used the search engine first. But a $350-$500 alternator isnt in the budget right now. Maybe I can get lucky with a sponsorship.
truck action   +1y
I run a 140amp. stock cased alternator built by Custom Chrome Racing-1800-735-4593,found this company @ a Goodguys show,cost $135. I sent them my stock one.
Power Master makes them also,but $400-$600. I also talked too a guy who has a company in Ten. who makes high out put units that will output 130 @ idle & 200 @ rpms. ,around $350
twisted minis   +1y
The one Bobby used is for a 3.0 V6. Still a $450 alternator.
n2bnlow   +1y
Thank you for the answers guys. Is there anything specific Im looking for when trying to get a high output alternator? Was the one Bobby used for a Toyota V6?
truck action   +1y
From what I understand,the stock units don't have much output until RPM's are up. I have had no problem with the unit that was made for me( rewound in stock case).
Some of the high output units have very large cases,adding to install problems,also pulley alignment is very important !
Page 1 of 1