Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Pulling Engine

Pulling Engine

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 676
replies 3
following 3

stll2hi   +1y
Alright, so here's the deal. I was planning on pulling my engine/tranny here soon cuz after the body drop, my hood is gonna stick up like it's gotta f'n blower on it or something. When the truck was bagged, the frame was z'd up about an inch or so. My question is, now that it's bodied, what should I do to get the engine as low as possible?? Should I just make new engine mounts that are lower?? I'm sure the oil pan will have to be sectioned too.

The truck lays flat frame/body now, I just need to bring the engine down to minimize cutting on my hood, or cowl. I'd like to rock a stock hood....any ideas??

Also, since I'm lowering the engine/tranny, does this throw off the pinion angle or fuck up the rear suspension at all??

Thanks!!
baha   +1y
The easiest thing to do would be to get the dropped motor mounts from Twisted Minis or to make your own. I believe the ones I have are 1.5" drop and it brought the engine down to sit on the engine cross member with the oil pan.

The stock hood did close with these installed how ever I can't say for a fact it would work because the truck I'm rebuilding had other issues that prevented it from laying, so I never had everything in the truck at the same time like the 1.5" Z, and raised trans xmember.

It will change the angle of the trasmission but I doubt it's enough for you to really notice. A little geometry and you could calculate the angle change. Remember a2 + b2 = c2 ?
stll2hi   +1y
Grrrreeeaaattt....geometry. That's some good info. I'd rather just get some lowered mounts that are already fabbed, so if you read this Seth...how much??

Even if the stock hood doesn't completely close, I could live with it. I have a v6 so there's a lot of shiz in there. If I can get it close, I would be happy. I had heard that the oil pan needed to be sectioned, but since I've looked at it, it looks like it sits higher than the engine crossmember, so maybe that was a different model.

Another question here, so the z'ing of the frame is to get it to lay frame, right? So for a hood on a body drop to close, the motor would HAVE to be lowered in some fashion....right? Just curious.

Also, my tranny x-member is already raised, so would I have to lower it the same amount as the lowered mounts to maintain integrity?

Thanks!!
layedout72   +1y
we are setting a mock up block/pan combo on the table and just building mounts to match. You could probably get an engine hoist and do the same with it on the ground. wouldnt be all that hard i dont think.
Page 1 of 1