Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Harmonic Balancer bolt *help

Harmonic Balancer bolt *help

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 780
replies 7
following 6

sickyota 808   +1y
heres the problem i'm trying to get the crankshaft pulley bolt off to change my timing chain but its giving me some problems.. tried using my 1/2" IR impact gun to get it off but it failed, tried the starter trick with the breaker bar & that failed also, tried the chain wrench with 2 long pipes and still it wont come off.. any other suggestions? I'll probally try putting more penetrating oil on there letting it soak for the night & try it again tomarrow with the chain wrench..
vegasyota94   +1y
i donno man... i had probs with mine but after about 30 mins of doing the breaker bar and cranking the motor mine broke loose.
good luck.
kdcgrohl   +1y
I just applied a generous helping of 6pt socket and that bitch came right off... in fear of me..
cajuntaco   +1y
Starter trick worked perfect for me. Put some PB blaster on it and let it sit for a day and reapply again.
sickyota 808   +1y
^damn all of u guys got luck in taking it out, might try the starter trick again if that won't work maybe a 3/4 impact gun with a swivel extension.. i'll let u guys kno the results after..
m_i_zombie   +1y
grab a torch and put some heat to it
layedout72   +1y
i had mine on a motor stand and just used an air impact gun. 120psi torqued it right outta there!
sickyota 808   +1y
aight got the bolt off with a chain wrench & a long pole this pass weekend, problem was my uncle put silicone on it when he change the front seal in the past ahhhh ok my next problem is putting the timing chain cover back on w.o damaging the head gasket, I already put in the new parts in etc but having a hard time putting the timing cover back.. any easy way in putting the TC back without crumbling the head gasket..
Page 1 of 1