Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  high output alternator

high output alternator

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 737
replies 7
following 5

lilheed   +1y
does anyone know who sells the best high output alternator for the best price? i really dont wanna be spendin much over $200 on one
twisted minis   +1y
The only ones I know about are the Powermaster and LC Engineering ones. Both are about twice what you want to spend.

I know that Supra and Celica 2.2 alternators fit with a small spacer, so maybe you can find one for those. There are some 130 amp ones on eBay pretty cheap, but I am really unsure of the quality. They are all about $90-100 with free shipping. Somehow that just seems too cheap to be quality to me, but I don't know.

I'm kind of in the same boat, looking for one. So hopefully someone else has some input. But I will probably end up with the LC unit. I put a GM on mine and it's too big really and just difficult to work around. But they are cheap. About $80 for a 100 amp.
truck action   +1y
I had one built by Custom Chrome Racing 18007354593,around $130,uses stock housing,140amp output.
lilheed   +1y
cuz im runnin two optimas, i cut out my inner fenders and i am using the small yellow top they use for hondas cause it will still fit in the stock location, and im usin that one to run the truck, and then a regular red top under the bed for the compressors, sub, and everythin else. \

i just put my alternator in but i dont think it will keep both going without giving up in about a month, but i think $400 is a lil crazy
lilheed   +1y
i just found this store on ebay that has them for $220. which isnt that bad for a 170amp alternator.
truck action   +1y
I've had this setup in mine with a Yellow Top Deep Cycle/Start battery for a few years now ! No problems!
Two amps,a electric fan, two pumps etc.
Also talked with the owner of a company that makes high output units 200 amps ,with 120amps @ idle,$350.
Will try to find the phone number!
layedout72   +1y
try calling dom at irragi alternators. or ohio generators. either place can more than likely just rewind yours for higher output. thats my plan. 170-200 amp on the yota.
shortyzkustomz   +1y
I know old post...

I just got mine off ebay and its badass, It was like $170 shipped to my door, no core, Sold my stocker for $30 haha

170 amps 3 year warranty
Page 1 of 1