threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Engine Temp Problem.

Engine Temp Problem.

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 646
replies 3
following 4

mdevaneydesign   +1y
I have a 94 with with a 22re and I just put in a new thermostat, waterpump and radiator. Yet when i start driving it warms up to almost overheating temp then kicks all the way back down to 1/3 on the gauge then stays there.

Does anybody know what this might be?
It happens EVERYtime i drive it.

I did have that revving up and down problem too and I just cranked down the idle screw and that fixed it.

I got the truck like 2.5 weeks ago for $600 and its been making me pull my hair out.
i miss my 85.
smctoy   +1y
I wonder if the fan clutch could be bad? The 22re motors have that & it can cause havoc as well if the sensor in it goes!
skip   +1y
Its called temperature over shoot. it is a known problem for 22res. what thermostat did you put in it? Toyota makes a dual temperature thermostat that you can get or you can do what alot of people do (including me) take out your thermostat and cut out that small gold giggaly thing, so now you have a very small hole that always alows a small amount of fluid threw no matter the temp of it.
here is a link that talks about the problem. read it
framescr8pintoy   +1y
this might solve my problem with running hotter than normal, figure my radiator was clogged which im still going to have flushed.
Page 1 of 1