threads
Page 1 of 2
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  fuel pump not turning on?????

fuel pump not turning on?????

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1172
replies 12
following 5

onelowyota   +1y
ok so i went to get food before i went to work and as i was leaving i stalled out and then the truck wouldn't start so after freaking out for a few hours i had it towed home i then realized the fuel pump was not kicking on so i went out and bought a new one swapped it and still nothing so then i followed all the wires and made sure they were good and jumped the pump to make sure it worked but i cant seem to find the prob any where any one have this problem or know what it could be? thanks in advance guys
lilheed   +1y
check your fuel pump relay
onelowyota   +1y
did it works when we ground one of the wires out. just don't know what that wire goes to.
lilheed   +1y
my buddies pump did the same thing and we jumped it and it worked, but it still was his relay. always worth a try. it cant b more than like 20 bucks
onelowyota   +1y
k ill try can i pick one up at the parts store or do i have to go through Toyota?
collins94   +1y
mine did the same thing check the black and yellow wire it brings power from the ignition to the fuel pump relay when you turn the key it kicks the relay on it was a bitch to fish out dont go out spending abunch of money make sure you have power on the relay b4 you start spendin money
onelowyota   +1y
ok i just changed the mas air flow sensor cuz i had a spare one laying around now the new pump turns on but it doesn't shut off like the old one did and it still wont start any clue do you think its not building pressure?
onelowyota   +1y
any ideas guys its kinda my daily right now so i need to get it going asap.
1time   +1y
Yeah make a jumper as suggested similiar to this....

but put a fuse on it to be safe.

thread post photo

But, Really it could be a number of things...

Start with the battery to make sure its good.

The timing chain could have broken, check for spark.

It could also be out of gas..

Maybe take it to a mechanic if its your daily...
baha   +1y
sounds like it's pretty common what year is your truck?