Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  22R-22RTE conversion

22R-22RTE conversion

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 1618
replies 7
following 6

hng-10w   +1y
Hello my american friends

We dont really get these turbo engines in australia so i dont know too much about them, but basically im just curious as to whats involved with the conversion? i have the carby motor at the moment, but theres a turbo for sale with the box 22re and 22rte computers and everything.. is this just a matter of ripping mine out and sticking this one in plus hooking up the turbo?

Cheers guys

-Josh
smctoy   +1y
I say get it & to be honest I dont think the conversion would be much different than any other engine swap. If your getting the harness & computer then that Im my opinion would be the biggest hurdle! If your good with engines or have a buddy who is then tuning it will be simple & youll have a sic ass conversion!
hng-10w   +1y
haha yea it would be a good conversion ay!
just having a LOT of trouble sourcing a manifold.. $800 for a custom one, stock ones are rare as hens teeth. runs a garret t3
can anyone point me in the right direction? i've already looked at LCE.
lilheed   +1y

ran across this the other day, he has a stock manifold for $100
toyota_king_387   +1y
I have a stock turbo engine intake exhaust manifold and turbo with wiring harness and computer. it ran when pulled but it ran poorly. i think it needs piston rings.
hng-10w   +1y
thanks for the help guys - toyota king would u consider selling the exhaust manifold? just gotta see if shippings gonna kill me or not
v8_titan   +1y
well Ive got a entire turbo setup for sale if your interested... email me

it puts out 3 times as much power as the stock turbo your looking at
Page 1 of 1