Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Taco question

Taco question

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 734
replies 7
following 5

stll2hi   +1y
98 Tacoma, cleaning up some wiring in the driver kick panel, and I heard a pop (fuse) in the engine compartment somewhere. Now car won't turn over at all. Checked all the small fuses in the fuse panel under the hood, all is good. The truck didn't come with the top of the panel that would tell me what fuse went to what. Could it be the big square fuses, and if so, which one?

The pressure switch is wired into the ignition, it shorted, and that's when I heard the pop. Any help??
yodaforce   +1y
If it's a "big square fuse", it would have a clear top so you can see if it is burnt.
beyondstockyota   +1y
if not then a trusty ohm meter will show continuity.
stll2hi   +1y
I didn't see any that looked burnt, but I'll have to check again. Where do I check for the ohms?
zip tyd   +1y
Even if a fuse doesn't look burnt I would still look over them again. It sounds like a fuse to me (the popping noise). I would check every single little tiny mother fucker over twice. It has to be that...it has too.
stll2hi   +1y
Thanks man, I will. It's not a major issue yet, but I'd rather clear everything up instead of starting a fire while driving.....that would suck!! Thanks for the help!!
truck action   +1y
If the truck won't start now,check the main fuse in that box,should be a 60amp,if that's it you have to remove the box(disconnect the battery first),the main wire from the alternator bolts to the bottom!
Also change the way the pressure switch is wired! From hot lead through a fuse,to a relay to a switch ,& to the pressure switch!
stll2hi   +1y
Figured it out. It was the green 40 amp one. Not sure what it's for, but it was clearly snapped. Replaced and all is good. Thanks for the help guys!
Page 1 of 1