threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  A few techinical motor questions.

A few techinical motor questions.

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 562
replies 0
following 1

beyondstockyota   +1y
Okay so I just pulled the motor in my pickup and did a full rebuild. When I put the head back on I found a rocker arm was scared pretty bad so I replaced one of them. The motor was cold when I preadjusted the valve so I set it at .0011 anyway because that should allow for it being cold. Well I got the motor running and going and have a few issues here and there but a loud ticking noise coming from this rocker arm. So I let it warm up and pulled the cover back off and I felt slight drag on .0012 ON JUST THAT VALVE (#3 exhaust by the way) all the other valves are a lot tighter (but they make NO noise) All the exhaust are .008 and intake .006 which is a lot tighter than needed.

milky oil and CLEAN rocker arms. When I pulled the valve cover I found that there is a milky oil like puddle in the head gullies and seems to be a much lighter weight than the oil. I'm wondering what is the cause of this because I tq my head bolts to 15,35,45,58 and did a REALLY careful job of cleaning out the threads and bolts. I used RTV on the timing chain cover becuase the paper gasket Fowler Gaskets gave me SUCKED! and I used RTV on the waterpump. I'm wondering if its coming through there? How could I determine EXACTLY where the problem is and does antifreeze clean parts to look spotless in the vlave cover assembley?

Also I have pulled a code 25 and I played around until I found a leaky injector. And the leak is on the intake side of the injector (the garmets are dry rotted) but autozone,napa,advance or any of them carry these. Are they a dealer only item?
Page 1 of 1