Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Need Help Asap...

Need Help Asap...

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 838
replies 8
following 6

ustarin   +1y
on my 91 xtra cab im pulling the motor(22re 2wd) it says in my chiltons that the trans comes with it on the way out?? Can i not just yank the motor by itself? Or did i misread...
smctoy   +1y
I just removed the motor out of my truck when we did the swap...just make sure that the tranny is supported & you should be ok. Oh & it is a bitch removing the top bolts of the tranny from the motor so be warned!!
ustarin   +1y
do i have to disconnect the flywheel from the clutch?
yodaforce   +1y
ALOT easier to remove the whole thing! Done it both ways. I will never yank just the motor again!
toyotrick   +1y

I watched my mechanic disconnect and pull my transmission down in literally < 10 minutes with the use of a 4 foot extension and swivel sockets.

I don't know anyone that likes playing the motor-transmission line up game above your head. I would much rather disconnect the transmission and do it closer the the ground.
beyondstockyota   +1y
You will save at least 2 hours pulling the tranny out with the motor. you may be able to get the bellhousing bolts in and out but your problem is trying to get the splines on your flywheel to line up with input shaft on your trans... I Fd with this for 2 hours alone!!! Wont do it again...
90yota   +1y
I just pulled mine out 2 weeks ago with the tranny.....came out real easy and didn't take long at all!!
ustarin   +1y
thanks everyone for the input....i got it pulled last nite no biggie, just the motor
yodaforce   +1y
Hope it goes back in just as easy!
Page 1 of 1