threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Damn the haynes manual!

Damn the haynes manual!

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 648
replies 1
following 2

beyondstockyota   +1y
I just wanted to vent on my frustration with the haynes manual! I spun a bearing in my 22RE and had to pull the motor, turn the crank, refurbish the rods, and hone the block for new rings. ANYHOW, today I got around to puting the motor back together to drop in the yota. As I went to put the valve cover on I had one bracket left that I have NO IDEA where the hell it goes so I pulled the haynes manual to try and see if I could find it, AND OF COURSE I COULDNT! While I was flipping through the pages I seen a page with the timing chain being installed, stating "aling the two bright links with in indicator mark on the camshaft sproket" I started to sh*t myself! When I assemble the motor I have alind 1 link over top of the indicator, so I thought "hell the two links are probably off a tooth on the crankshaft!!!! but I googled the install and come to find out my instinct in building motors was right, the timing chain only has 2 bright colored links on the whole thing and you align the indicators on the colored link!

Soooo SCREW THE MANUAL!!! haha
dirtbiker   +1y
Here is a factory service manual for the future.

Page 1 of 1