Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  help

help

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 747
replies 6
following 5

hydroyota   +1y
is there a spring on the clutch Patel under the dash. do you bleed the clutch the same as brakes
yodaforce   +1y
If you are talking about the master cylinder, you would first bench bleed it before installing it. You can bleed the slave cylinder the same as brakes. There should be a pedal return spring under the dash.
baha   +1y
Yeah you bleed the clutch like the brakes, how soft is it?

and can you see the clutch move when your looking in the peep hole? How much does it move?
hydroyota   +1y
when i push the clutch patel in the lever on the tranny don't move. peep hole? bench bleed? school me on this??
nismorgan   +1y
the lever on the tranny is what actually moves the clutch. now on your slave cylinder,the part that pushes on that lever has a bleeder screw, you would do the same thing as if you were bleeding brakes, pump up the system and then hold and bleed, repeat this many times until the clutch pedal feels good. did you ever remove the clutch master cylinder, if so your going to need to bench bleed the system, easy way to do this is to get some vacuum line that's the right size to fit into the fittings on the master cylinder. connect the vacuum lines to the fittings, then run the line back into the top of the reservoir. use a screwdriver to push in the back of the piston...do this several times until you see no air bubbles come out of the reservoir. and then install and bleed normally through the slave cylinder. And finally...yes, there is a clutch return spring that connects far underneath the dash near some heater hosing to the top of the clutch pedal right above the pin holding the actual pedal to the master cylinder, its a little tight to get in there but some needle nose works out fine.
hydroyota   +1y
thank you. not that hard everything is out of the cab
tony666   +1y
i did one the other day

you got to bleed the slave cylinder on the side of the engine near the bellhousing.

just like bleeding brakes
Page 1 of 1