Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Cheap Exhaust

Cheap Exhaust

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 602
replies 7
following 5

shortyzkustomz   +1y
I've done some searching and seen a few pictures of exhaust, What are my options for raising the stock exhaust? Cutting downpipe, and notching cross members? Also looking for any more pics of exhaust and how you guys have it run on your bagged trucks, Im running a wishbone and bag on bar in the back so space is limited, The bed is cut out where the muffler is, I thought about seeing if a shop can make tight enough bends to go up and over the frame rail right after the cab and then bringing it out through the side of the bed, But Im open to all options and pictures you have. I can do ceramic for free at work so I wanna get it all coated when Im done. Thanks guys!
yodaforce   +1y
Build it yourself, route it wherever you have room. That's just about it. A few j-bends, a 4' straight, cut and weld.
shortyzkustomz   +1y
Yeah thats my plan just looking for some pics to base it on, mainly cause this is my daily driver so I need to get everything together and knock it out in a day, I wish I had a lift lol. Also just seeing what other people had to do to make it work so I dont run into too many snags
yodaforce   +1y
Well my best guess is that you are going to have a "shorter than stock" exhaust so you should not need more than two j-bends, and at the end of the exhaust you would point it down. Honestly, even if you took the same truck to twenty different exhaust shops, they are all going to be different. The only important things are keeping it off the ground when layed out, not having it too close to the floor or anything else that you don't want it to rattle on or get hot, and that it get s the fumes far enough back so you don't have to smell it creeeping into the cab. I just recently built one in about four hours that ran all the way out the back and had to snake some tricky rear suspension to clear everything. I don't bend tubing, I only use j-bends and straight pipe, cutting and welding the whole thing until it is seemless.
shortyzkustomz   +1y
Well i just randomly stopped by an exhaust shop near my work today, And saw 2 of my friends dropping a car off, and they told me the guy does good work, so I go in and talk to the guy, and he gets the exhaust guy, Who puts my truck on the lift, me and him planned out the whole thing, and hes gonna bend it up for me, he has a bagged s10 so he knows the deal, Still trying to see what people are doing after the cab, Im just getting it all raised and a bullet muffler and turndown for now
toyotrick   +1y
Almost every mini truck I have ever seen has it dumped under the bed. I have mine dumped under the bed and I like it. If you live in a state with emissions testing the smog guy won't like you.
toyotaman89   +1y
smack it around, flip it, and pop that SOB out in front of the tire!! Muaaaa ha ha ha ha!

thread post photo
macdave06   +1y
dump it in front of the rear tire. you wont need much in the way of bends.
Page 1 of 1