Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  help

help

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 598
replies 4
following 3

hydroyota   +1y
okay got motor back in all wires hooked up it turns over but wont start. fuel tank was empty all lines dry motor was out for about half a year.
i put 2 gal. in it. could it be not enough, is there a way to purge the lines. could i have a line crossed. im stumped please help

ps. i smell gas in the engine bay but dont see any leaks
hydroyota   +1y
it is a 22re
yodaforce   +1y
If you have the electric pump, you should be able to loosen up the fitting at the injector rail, turn on the key and let the pump purge the line, in fact, there should be a test port for a pressure guage to screw onto by the rail (like a valve stem) that you could let the air out as the pump builds up pressure. Another way to verify it is a fuel problem is to actually spray just a little bit of gas into the throttle body while cranking the motor over.
idropdit (brandon)   +1y
yeah, if you're using an electric pump, just turn the ignition to the on position, and you'll hear it "click", and it'll prime it. lossten the small bolt at the rail, and when it spouts out, you know you're good to try and start it. that, or as he said, pour some gasoline into the throttle body, and when it starts, rev it up a little, and try to keep it running until it's pumping good, and is idling right.
hydroyota   +1y
i looked 4 the valve stem did not find it.
the bolt u are talking about is it close to the fire wall i turned the key to the on position no click but i did find a leak at the tank main out line and it spaying out fix that
Page 1 of 1