Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  clutch and brake question

clutch and brake question

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 629
replies 4
following 4

nismorgan   +1y
first off, im having a problem with my clutch. heres some info so you can see what im working with. I put in a brand new OEM clutch about 20k ago. worked perfect, clutch master went. so i replaced that, went to go bleed the system, noticed my slave was also leeking, changed that...got everything back in. went to go bleed, and started bleeding the hell out of it. I still have bad clutch feel, and every gear its hard to get into. 1st and rev. are absolutely terrible to get into....a good friend of mine said it might be a bad slave considering it is reman. but im not entirely convinced...so i figured i would ask you guys. i really dont wanna change out the tranny.

this being said, if i do have to change the tranny. is there any race trannys out there. so i can drop a good extra grand and get a bulletproof tranny???

ok, lastly, i have a base model 88 2wd. do the sr5's from that year come with better brakes, and if so....easy swap??
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Just do a disc brake conversion and youll stop on a dime......its probally cheaper than doing that whole swap to the sr5 brakes.
Also Im thinking check that bushing in the top of the tranny it might be wore out causing the slop.
nismorgan   +1y
a rear disc conversion?? off of what...like a 4runner or something idk what has em.

and as far as the tranny goes, i do have alot of slop when its in gear and such, and i should change that bushing good idea. but i adjusted my clutch pedal enough so that its giving me a stock feel going through gears. only downside is that my clutch pedal grabs pretty damn high...but whatever. i can deal with it
truck action   +1y
You have disk in front, do the front brake up grade,bigger rotor& 4 piston caliper. Will stop a lot better. Than do the rear disk conversation,the one Seth did!
nismorgan   +1y
who makes brake upgrades for the 88?
Page 1 of 1