Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  Burned Up ground wire??? bad coil/ ignitor

Burned Up ground wire??? bad coil/ ignitor

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 579
replies 3
following 2

m_i_zombie   +1y
Anyone ever burn up a ground wire before?

My truck has been a real bitch to get started here lately. I put the motor back together after replacing the timing chain and now I get no spark. I found the ground that comes off the driver side/ resistor that grounds at the coil mount burnt. I've never had a ground burn up like this before. I took the coil and ignitor to the dealership and they say its shot. Anyone have any suggestions on how/ what else to check before I go on a hunt for a new/used coil set up??
zip tyd   +1y
Holy shit! That's crazy!

I would check everything, cause if your ground burnt up who knows what else did.
m_i_zombie   +1y
Actually its the only ground that hadn't been upgraded and its the one that took the brunt. I've checked the wires thoroughly and its the only one so far. I'm more upset about the no start situation. I guess before I plunk any more down for a new coil/ ignitor set up I need to check the pickup assembly in the distributor. I replaced the last one about this time last year.
m_i_zombie   +1y
It was the coil pickup assembly, it moved for some reason. Got it up and running like a champ. I also figured out why I was having such a hard time getting it started. It was the clutch saftey switch, it wouldn't engage properly all the time. I fixed it by removing the damn thing.
Page 1 of 1