Page 1 of 1
Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 \  7M-GTE Swap into 87 yota with 22r

7M-GTE Swap into 87 yota with 22r

Yota 2.4L 22-RE I4 Yota Engine Yota Tech
views 835
replies 8
following 7

sskjason   +1y
has anybody done this swap or know if there are any swap kits? i know they have them for the jz motors. i can make the brackets if i need to, i would just like make it easier if i can. i found one in the junkyard that if its still there sat, im pulling it. its out of a 86,87 supra
phatboislim   +1y
FORGET TEH 7M...

hlditdwn   +1y

I've done some reading on this swap...doesn't look to be that hard.
sskjason   +1y
i would go with a jz but there is not one in the junkyard a mile from my house. i found the 7m thursday and it only $155 for the complete motor with harness and computer. im also taking the tranny and rear.
nismorgan   +1y
im gonna go check some nearby junkyards. This swap seams actually really easy. a 2jz might be a little extreme for me(and my wallet) but i think a 1jzgte or a 7mgte would still make these trucks MOVE
beyondstockyota   +1y
If you do decide to go with the 7M you should do a compression check on it before it's even brought home. They are notorious for head gasket problems. Most people pull their heads anyway and go with an HKS gasket, but there is more to it. If the car has been running around with a blown gasket you need to look and see if the head is out of tolerance. If so you will need to have it machined. I'm not sure if the HKS gasket is over sized to accommodate for this or not? A lot of people like the 7MGTE but it’s not a JZGTE either...
coolrollawgn   +1y
the bottom ends are a little weak too need to upgrade to arp rod bolts and main studs arp head studs wouldnt be a bad investment either.
lux15m   +1y

The problem that is the biggest weakest with the 7M was the torque settings on the head. if you aren't chasing huge power just put machine the head, chuck in a new head gasket, and torque it down to the same specs as the JZ engines. My mate has build an 800hp HKS 7MGTE, and it flys. i reckon it a good deal for the price, just spend the extra money building it to make it bullet proof with most of the money you have saved.
beyondstockyota   +1y
if you are in the usa good luck finding one mated to a manual... I'm still looking for one with a reasonable price
Page 1 of 1